Welcome to Jefferson Unitarian Church's Traveling Chalice!
Jefferson Unitarian Church is inviting you to experience The Traveling Chalice in your home. We are so excited to offer a way for all of us to welcome a part of JUC into our lives during the week and continue the practices of Unitarian Universalism in our homes. The best part is that we get to share our Traveling Chalice experience through journaling and photos with one another.
Please sign-up to have JUC's Traveling Chalice visit your home for a week.
- Each week a family, household, or individual will bring home the Traveling Chalice. Our Traveling Chalice is for ALL AGES!
- When it is your Traveling Chalice week- the chalice box with all the materials will be located outside the Mills in the container labeled "Traveling Chalice". Pick-up is anytime after 11:30 am on Sunday.
- Please be sure to return the Traveling Chalice all of its contents back to JUC and place it back into the container labeled "Traveling Chalice" no later than 10:00 the next Sunday morning.
How to welcome the Traveling Chalice in your home:
- You may want to use the chalice during your meals, family meetings, meditation, spiritual practice, or as a bedtime ritual.
- You can choose a reading from the materials provided or one of your own.
- Please take a photo of the chalice in your home to share on JUC’s Weekly Connection, FB page, or our weekly photos during service. Send your images to Karey Sutton at [email protected] with a description.
- The journal included is for you to write a reflection while the Traveling Chalice is in your home. What was it like having shared The Traveling Chalice in your home? How did you or your family incorporate the chalice into your life? If you chose your own reading, feel free to share it in the journal as well.
Thank you for sharing your home and your experiences with the Traveling Chalice. We look forward to seeing your photos and reading about your journey!
Blessings and love to you!
JUC: Mills Building
|| Jefferson Unitarian Church