Welcome! Thank you for being a part of the 5th annual "Crank the Food Bank 5K" fun run/walk! Virtua Nutrition is sponsoring this event to benefit the Virtua Mobile Farmers Market and the Food Bank of South Jersey, organizations whose missions are paralleled to improve lives by sustaining nutrition! Virtua is fighting hunger!
Let's get competitive this year! There's a prize to be won for the participant who contributes the heaviest food donation! Will it be you???!!!
- Sign up below as a "runner" or "walker" and choose your desired shirt size in the comments section
- $10 per participant with Food Bank donation
- $20 per participant without Food Bank donation
- $10 per Virtua Employee participant (donations expected)
- Children under 5 are free!
All payments/donations are due at event! Only cash will be accepted for payment. Proceeds from this event will be donated to Virtua's Mobile Farmers Market and the Food Bank of SJ.
Below is a list of most needed items:
High Protein Items:
- Peanut butter, canned tuna/salmon/chicken/ham
- Beans – canned or dry
- Peanuts, sunflower seeds, almonds
Fruits & Vegetables:
- Canned Vegetables/Fruits (pineapples, pears, peaches)
- Fruit cups, applesauce, dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, prunes)
- Macaroni & cheese
- Canned soups (broth-based desired), stews, chili
- Ravioli, Spaghettios, etc.
- Granola Bars
- Popcorn/Crackers (low-sodium)
- Olive Oil and spices (salt free if able)
Breads & Cereals:
- Breakfast cereals (whole grain), oatmeal
- Rice, pasta (whole grain) - microwave or minute packs are very useful
- Pancake mix
- Stuffing mix, cranberry sauce
- Instant mashed potatoes, gravy
- Canned pie fillings
10:00am - 1:00pm EST
Virtua Voorhees Campus