Chesterfield Hockey Association
Updated August 1, 2018
Thank you for your interest in our fundraiser! We are excited about our partnership with LEGENDS and hope you are as well. Since the summer concert season is well underway, I have updated this information.
LEGENDS provides the food and beverage services at facilities across the nation, including our Hollywood Casino Amphitheater in Earth City. With this fundraiser, you are signing up to work the CHA "concession" stand during concerts at the amphitheater, selling beer, wine, mixed drinks, frozen drinks, soda, water and postacchios! We have the same concession stand all season, South Kiosk 2 (SK2 for short).
The times listed are the work hours required. (You will required to show up 1.5 hours prior to the gates opening, which is 1.5 hours prior to the concert time). The Team Lead for the evening is required to show up 1 hour prior to the staff. They will have a Lead Meeting and get their staff shirts at this time. Your ending time is not set in stone, but an estimate. HCA does have a curfew of 11pm, so you will never leave later than that. We are hopeful that we will become efficient in our closing operations and can leave prior to the time listed. It has typically been around 10:30pm when staff is leaving. Your Team Lead is responsible for proper inventory and cash drop, so they may end up staying later than the rest of the team. CHA Team Leads (Kristin Falke-Miller, Sheila Waddell, Brandi Kaiser-Weber and Greta Vierzba) have attended additional training to make sure we are compliant in having at least one Lead per show and are aware of the opening and closing operations.
If you are not needed, I will inform you.
Hep A Vaccination:
You must have at least your first dose of Hep A vaccine prior to your first shift. Documentation of this must be provided to Kristin Falke-Miller, or other Team Lead on duty your first shift.
If a training session comes up and you have not attended, you must make efforts to go. We did run into issues with one being canceled, but you may work even w/o the official training. We are currently training people on the spot.
You will be provided a hat/visor to keep that you must wear during all shifts. You will also be provided a golf style shirt at each show which you will return at the end of the night for laundering. I will need to know your shirt size prior to your shift (please place in the comments section of the sign-up). In addition, you are required to wear nice black pants or shorts (not yoga pants, sweatpants, etc) and black shoes. If your shoes are "mostly" black that is ok also (For example, if they have a pink swoosh, but otherwise are black, that is fine).
Parking passes were obtained at training, otherwise just tell the gate attendees you are here to work with Legends.
You will receive an email 4 days prior to shows you are signed up for. If you need to make changes, please do so prior to or at this time so we have a few days to find a replacement. We are required to provide LEGENDS our Gate List 4 days prior to each show, so they are aware of who is working, what size work shirts are needed, and who is allowed to be admitted in the amphitheater prior to the regular gates opening.
By signing up for a time slot:
1. You are committed to showing up and will be put on a no-show list if you do not and your future commitments may be altered. ***We have signed a contract stating we promise to have a certain amount of staff present, and if we don't we will be fined so let's all try to prevent that. In addition, if you cancel w/in 48 hours of your start time and CHA is unable to find you a replacement and incurs a penalty fee ($50), this dollar amount will be deducted from your "earnings."
2. You are fully aware that funds made by the group (including tips) will be sent directly to CHA, divided between the workers for that show, and be held by CHA to help cover your child(ren)'s registration fees and/or team dues. ***This is not a personal fund raiser where the funds will be distributed to you in cash at any time to cover, for example, any travel expenses, etc you might incur.***
3. If the booth you work does not make more than the minimum needed to share funds between workers, you are aware you will receive a minimum for working.
4. If attendance is less than expected, you may be canceled for your shift.
5. If you are signed up to work and are not canceled and you show up to work and are not needed, you are aware you will receive $$ for showing up, but will be sent home.
***Show times/schedule times for August and September are being updated now. Please understand these times could change. Concerts will run through mid-September.
***If we are overwhelmed with interest in this fundraiser, we can open up an additional booth and add staff! With Central States try-outs completed and other try-outs approaching, we are receiving more interest and therefor I have opened up the amount of opportunities per show. If you want to work, we will find a spot for you!
Thank you so much for helping us. Please let me know if you have any questions,
|| Kristin Falke-Miller