Youth Ministry Event
Hello, St. Patrick parents and students!
We have had a blast hosting our weekly youth ministry after-school hangouts for all 7th and 8th Grade Junior High students every Wednesday after early dismissal this Fall. We have decided to continue the hangouts in the new year.
Beginning December, our 6th-grade students are now allowed to participate in our JR High Youth Ministry Events. This will make the Hangouts a very sought-after event. For all upcoming hangouts, all middle school students must sign up for the hangouts. We will post one month at a time. Sign Ups are on a first-come basis. Unfortunately, we only allow 25 students at each hangout. As COVID subsides, we will be able to increase our numbers. The sign-ups each month will be posted on the Youth Ministry Website on the evening of the last Wednesday of the month. Please note, students must sign up to attend the after-school event once the date is full, it is full. Students can not just stay after school and show up in the Youth room. If a student is signed up for a spot and finds that they are unable to attend, please go back into the Sign Up Genius and delete your student's name. This will let others sign up for the empty spot.
With the new year, we have made some changes to our hangouts. PLEASE READ BELOW TO ENSURE YOUR CHILD WANTS TO PARTICIPATE AS WE HAVE CHANGED OUR LAYOUT ON HOW THE "HANGOUTS" WILL RUN GOING FORWARD. The kids will have plenty of time to hang out and play games, But we also wanted to allow them to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. Each week we will have a time for prayer, reflection, and small group faith sharing. We will theme these hangouts to help our students cope with issues and everyday life. We will provide opportunities for service and leave plenty of time for the students to have fun and just be with their friends.
During the last couple of months, we have experienced that the kiddos are very hungry after school and need lots of drinks and snacks. We ask that you help us stock the shelves and sign up to bring some snacks for the week. We also need adult participation. It takes a lot for the youth ministry team to be here every week. We ask that parents help with chaperoning this after-school event every week. Please consider helping with this event and sign up to stay after every once in a while.
There are a couple of rules we would like you to go over with your child:
· All students must sign in and sign out
· We need to leave the room better than we found it. Students must clean up after themselves. This means all trash, washing of coffee cups used. If they happen to see trash on the floor. Please pick it up.
· If you leave early, you still need to clean up your area.
· We need to drop backpacks, etc. at the Drop Zone (In front of the Graffiti Wall) This will help eliminate tripping hazards.
· At this time, all need to wear masks in the JPII Youth Room. They can remove masks if eating or if they are outside on the Patio. We do have heaters on the patio.
· All students must stay in the JPII Room/patio. Students are not allowed to roam the building. If needed to go to a classroom, they must ask permission from adult chaperones.
· Again, you must sign up every week to attend the after-school hangout.
· Pick up is around the back of the building at the stairs to the youth room patio. Please pull up to the middle of the hill so that other cars can line up behind you. We will send the kiddos down as we see you.
· The hangout will be every Wednesday from 1:30 to 3:00 pm and all 6th, 7th, and 8th graders are welcome.
As always, the Youth Ministry website has all our other upcoming Youth Ministry Events, Retreats, Service Opportunities, Trips, etc. Please be sure to continue to check the website for the exciting Youth Ministry opportunities.
Any questions please reach out to Jonna O'Bryan at [email protected] - Birgit Zepf at [email protected] or Madison Whitehouse at [email protected]
JPII Youth Room