Youth Ministry Event
1pm - 3pm
Sunday, APRIL 11th, 2021
*Please read entire description*
Please arrive between 12:45pm and 1:00pm so we can get started as close to 1pm as possible.
We will meet at Beckley Creek Park, specifically at the William F Miles Community Garden (Near the Shelbyville Road entrance to the park).
Here is a map in case you are unsure of this location:
Pick up will be at the PNC Achievement Center parking lot, between the Egg Lawn and the playground. We will be in that area @3pm for pick up.
The address for the PNC Achievement Center:
1411 Beckley Creek Pkwy
Louisville, KY 40245
Again, you can view the map linked above for more detail about the location.
WHAT WE'RE DOING:
We will be starting out on the (paved) Louisville Loop. There are several trails that split from the Loop that we will likely take as we find or way toward the Egg Lawn area. There is no requirement to go off the paved path, but it sure is fun to explore some trails.
The amount of walking to expect is likely just over a 5k, hovering somewhere between 3-4 miles, depending on the trails you decide to take (vs only staying on the path). Please note that this route is mostly downhill/flat with only one notable hill up. There are also many Geocache's along the way that we will be searching for, so be ready with your eagle eyes to find some hidden treasures.
If you don't know what geocaching is, check out this link!
And if you want to track on your own, feel free to download the Geocaching app and sign up as a user.
If we unfortunately have questionable or stormy weather on Sunday, April 11th, you will recieve an email (via the email you provide here) with an update.
Recommendations for things to bring/wear:
- Pants (since we'll be going off the paved path we don't recommend shorts.)
Note: If you do decide to wear shorts, we highly recommend wearing socks that come up past your ankle, preferably up to your calf.
- Comfortable shoes and socks (think sneakers or hiking boots/shoes) that you don't mind if they get dirty or wet.
Note: we still don't recommend "no-show" socks.
- Pro Tip: Bring an extra pair of socks in case yours get wet as we walk along the creek.
- Check the weather and dress appropriately (might want to dress in layers or bring a rain jacket.)
- Small snack (and hand sanitizer/wipes)
- Pro Tip: Bring a bag for your water, snack, and some hand sanitizer or wipes.
- Positive attitude ready to have some fun in nature.
- Mask or neck gaiter/buff.
As always adult assistance would be appreciated.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Madison at [email protected]
1:00pm - 3:00pm EDT
William F Miles Community Garden