Alpha Crush Running Club
Marathon Cheer Zone for Alpha Crush Running Club
Alpha Crush Running Club, congratulations on being selected to host an official 2020 U.S. Olympic Team Trials - Marathon cheer zone! The Atlanta Track Club are excited to have you on the course supporting athletes competing to represent the United States in the Tokyo Olympic Marathon.
- Adults, children, friends ... all are invited to attend our cheer zone!
- Complete one signup per family
- As part of the signup, provide the total count of people attending
- In the Comments field, provide the names of the attendees. Alpha Crush needs to submit a roster to Atlanta Track Club with the list of people in our cheer zone.
- Timing ...
- 11:00 am - Peachtree Rd closes
- 11:00 am - Course and surrounding roads close
- 11:00 am - Arrive at our Cheer Zone
- 12:08 pm - Men's race starts - Coach Matthew is the starter
- 12:20 pm - Women's race starts
- 3:00 pm - approximate time we'll be done
When to Get to our Cheer Zone
- Please plan for 3-4 hours on course time
- The course and surrounding roads will close at 11:00 a.m.
- The section of course on Peachtree Road closes at 11:00 a.m.
- Groups should plan to arrive by public transportation by 11:00 a.m. to allow for traffic and road closures, which will affect your ability to get to your designated area.
Cheer Zone Location - St Luke's Episcopal Church
In order to be eligible for funding groups are assigned to a designated location along the course. Groups are encouraged to spread along the nearby sections of course. There is no specific location on Peachthree St. that groups are assigned to be stationed; stay close to the check-in site to have access to services or find open sidewalk further away.
Our designated location:
- St. Luke’s Episcopal Church - 435 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
- Google Maps link
- The cheer zone is located on Peachtree St, runners will be going north and south.
- We are located just after miles 1, 9 and 17 on the northbound side and miles 5.5, 13.5 and 21.5 on the southbound side. This means we'll see the athletes 6 times!
- Groups will check in at the appropriate location to be counted by volunteers
- To demonstrate the size of your group on race day, post and tag a group photo using the hashtags and sites listed below.
- Funding: 25 People = $500, 50 People = $1000, 100 People = $1,500
- Groups will be responsible for coordinating transportation to the course. Given the traffic and parking limitations, it is STRONGLY encouraged that groups use MARTA.
- The closest MARTA station to St. Luke’s Episcopal Church is Civic Center
- Groups are encouraged to wear school or club gear with as much spirit as possible.
- Other themes:
- Support a participating athlete
- Wear gold. #showyourgold
- Porta-johns will be stationed within a close walk from designated cheering site.
- Stay clear of course.
- Once the race starts do not cross the course.
- Groups could lose stipend eligibility if they impede the event by being in the road or crossing the course during the event.
- Do not hang signs or place items on fencing or in course.
- Bells and other noisemakers are permitted, but no air horns or whistles.
- Do not hand food or beverages to athletes
- Avoid bringing bags. Unattended bags are a security risk.
Share the Excitement
Use the hashtags #Atlanta2020Trials, #ShowYourGold or #AtlantaTrackClub and tag Atlanta Track Club on Facebook, @atltrackclub on Twitter and @atlantatrackclub on Instagram.
Select "Sign Up" in "Available Slot" section below
Then click "Submit and Sign Up"
11:00am - 3:00pm EDT
St. Luke's Episcopal Church