Hello Cloverly Staff, Students & Families:
The PTA is excited to present Cloverly's 3rd Annual Halloween Trunk or Treat event on Saturday, October 26th from 5:00-7:30 pm! Join the fun by being a Trunker, a Treater, or both! Either way, we invite you to show off your creativity!! Admission is FREE.
TRUNKERS: Please sign up below to let us know your vehicle is coming and specify the theme of your trunk (optional), then show up the day of the event with your decorated trunk.
BE AS CREATIVE AS YOU'D LIKE! The sky's the limit. Themes can be elaborate or simple and may include games, lights, music, etc. Examples of Trunk themes: "Haunted House" "Superheroes" "We Love Animals" "Disney Princess" "Harry Potter" "Candyland" "Star Wars." A prize will be awarded in each of the following categories for Trunks: "Best Theme" "Most Interactive" "Most Creative." If you would like to support the Teal Pumpkin Project, please feel free to do so (https://www.foodallergy.org/education-awareness/teal-pumpkin-project) by providing non-edible treat options for those with food allergies. We know it is hard to estimate a sufficient amount of candy, trinkets or snacks to pass out to Treaters (last year's attendance = 200-250). Any amount you bring will be wonderful. We encourage Trunkers to add a simple activity or interactive element to their trunk (optional) to help regulate Treater flow/dispensing of treats.
Please arrive to Cloverly staff parking lot (front and side) no later than 4:30 pm on the 26th. Spots are 1st come, 1st served. Leave a space between you and the next vehicle. Lots will be closed off promptly at 5:00 and safety volunteers will be posted. **You will receive further instructions by email closer to the date.
TREATERS: Please RSVP below so we have a general idea of how many people are attending. !! ALL AGES are encouraged to dress up - ADULTS, that means you, too! Treaters must park in the parking lots at Cloverly Park or Safeway. A prize will be awarded in each of the following categories: "Best Costume-Staff" "Best Costume-Parent" "Best Costume- Child."
- *NEW Agenda this year: Costume PARADE will kick off Trunking promptly at 5:15 pm. Trunking runs from 5:15 to 7:00 pm.
- All activities except Trunking will run from 5:00-7:30 pm, so please enjoy the games, food and social time too!
- The BATMOBILE is coming!! (weather permitting; Batman may also show up if he isn't fighting crime in Gotham that night.)
- Kids After Hours will be providing inflatables and fun!!
- The Colesville Fire & Rescue team will be coming (tentative; emergency calls that night take priority!)
- Mini Pumpkin Decorating (pumpkins are free & while supplies last)!
- Pizza/Drink Sales - Please indicate below if you would like to pre-order a whole pizza to have ready for your family at 5:00 pm. Pizza by the slice, snacks, fruit, water, and hot chocolate will also be on sale at event. Food/drink sales help make this event possible. Please support the PTA by buying food/drinks!
- GAMES: Ghostbuster game, Captain Hooks, Pumpkin Bean Bag Toss, Scarecrow & Ghost Knockdown, Hogwarts Potion Flipping, Pumpkin Tic Tac Toe, Orb Blast, Rat Trap, and 7 MORE!
- CHECK BACK PERIODICALLY FOR EVENT UPDATES. THANKS!
We hope to see you at this Fangtastic event!...The TOT Committee
P.S. !! Special plea to Staff & Teachers: PLEASE, please come to the event as it will be a treat in itself for the children to see you there !!
COSTUME/TREATER RULES: No dangerous/real weapons (For example: Ninja turtle plastic sword = OK; Wolverine metal claws = NOT OK). **Children MUST be under the supervision of an adult - this is NOT a drop-off event. Flashlights/glowsticks encouraged (the event will occur in daylight & twilight hours, under a good amount of natural light, in addition to street and school lighting). Please dress for the weather!
RAIN PLAN: In the event of rain/weather concerns, the event will move indoors to the All Purpose Room. In this case, further instructions will be posted here and sent to families.
SSL Students - If you are a middle student or high school student who would like to help with this event to earn SSL hours, please signup at this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/805054ba9ad2aa46-cloverly1
5:00pm - 7:30pm EDT
Cloverly Elementary School
|| Theresa Phillips