Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering with Furry Friends. Our program is very successful because of dedicated people like you!! At this time, volunteers are being accepted at our Palm City Ranch and Jupiter Thrift Boutique. Volunteering at our new Jupiter Adoption Center will be announced in the near future. There are some important guidelines so please read the following in it's entirety:
MINIMUM COMMITMENT REQUIRED FOR VOLUNTEERS IS 2 TIMES A MONTH. IF YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS COMMITMENT, WE ARE UNABLE TO ADD YOU TO OUR VOLUNTEER RANKS AT THIS TIME. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.
Orientation starts promptly at 5:30PM AT THE WELCOME CENTER AT OUR RANCH LOCATED AT 4841 SW ZARRELLA STREET, PALM CITY, FL 34990. PLEASE BRING COMPLETED APPLICATION (found on the volunteer page of www.furryfriendsadoption.org) WITH YOU TO ORIENTATION. There will not be time to complete the application at orientation.
Space is limited and we only have room for the slots that are indicated on the signup. Please wear closed toe shoes and be prompt. Late arrivals will need to reschedule please. The orientation will last approximately 45-50 minutes and our shelter closes at 6:30pm.
1. If you are under the age of 16, you must be accompanied by a parent during orientation AND while volunteering. The parent must also submit a volunteer application.
2. If you are 10 and younger, we invite you, with your parent, to participate in our Wish List program (found on our website)and you may read to our cats in our cat house. It is not necessary for you to attend orientation to volunteer in this capacity. Simply visit us during our open hours (7 days a week, 10am-4pm)
3. IF YOU ONLY WANT TO INTERACT WITH OUR CATS, please know that orientation is not required. Simply visit our Welcome Center during open hours (7 days a week, 10am-4pm)), play with our cats, and ensure they have toys, clean litter boxes, and fresh water. Our Welcome Center will have a "cat/kitten only" volunteer application for you to complete. If you are under the age of 16, you must be accompanied by your parent.
3. If you need community service hours for SCHOOL, we will give the school community service details at orientation.
4. If you need community service hours for court, you may participate in our Wish List program (details found online.) Sorry but volunteering at our shelter or at events is not an option for court ordered hours.
5. If you would like to volunteer at our Thrift Boutique, please call Judy or Joyce at 561-747-5311 ext. 6 for more details.
THANKS AGAIN FOR WANTING TO ASSIST OUR ANIMALS AND ORGANIZATION!! WE APPRECIATE YOU!!
4841 SW Zarrella Street, Palm City, FL