Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering with Furry Friends. Our program is very successful because of dedicated people like you!! There are some important guidelines so please read the following in it's entirety:
MINIMUM COMMITMENT REQUIRED FOR VOLUNTEERS IS 2 TIMES A MONTH. IF YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS COMMITMENT, WE ARE UNABLE TO ADD YOU TO OUR VOLUNTEER RANKS AT THIS TIME. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.
Orientation starts promptly at 5:30PM IN OUR ADOPTION CENTER LOCATED AT 401 MAPLEWOOD DRIVE, STE 10. PLEASE BRING COMPLETED APPLICATION (found on the volunteer page of www.furryfriendsadoption.org) WITH YOU TO ORIENTATION. THERE WILL NOT BE TIME TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION AT ORIENTATION.
Space is limited and we only have room for the slots that are indicated on the signup. Please wear closed toe shoes and be prompt. Late arrivals will need to reschedule please. The orientation will last approximately 45-50 minutes and our shelter closes at 6:30pm.
1. If you are under the age of 16, you must be accompanied by a parent during orientation AND while volunteering. The parent must also submit a volunteer application.
2. If you are 10 and younger, we invite you to participate in our Wish List program (found on our website) and you may read to our cats in our large cat room. When we have puppies in our playroom, you may interact with them... all accompanied by your parent. It is not necessary for you to attend orientation to volunteer in this capacity. Simply visit us during our open hours in our adoption center.
3. IF YOU ONLY WANT TO INTERACT WITH OUR CATS, please know that orientation is not required. Simply visit our adoption center during open hours (Monday through Saturday, 11am-6pm), play with our cats, and ensure they have toys, clean litter boxes, and fresh water. Our front desk will have a "cat/kitten only" volunteer application for you to complete. If you are under the age of 16, you must be accompanied by your parent.
3. If you need community service hours for SCHOOL, we will give the school community service details at orientation.
4. If you need community service hours for court, you may participate in our Wish List program (details found online.) Sorry but volunteering at our shelter or at events is not an option for court ordered hours.
THANKS AGAIN FOR WANTING TO ASSIST OUR ANIMALS AND ORGANIZATION!! WE APPRECIATE YOU!!
401 Maplewood Drive, Ste. 10 Jupiter, FL 33458