Parsons Springs Outing
For those Scouts unable to attend the Grand Canyon trip here is a great way to explore a canyon on a smaller scale.
This is a backpacking outing, approximately 6.5 miles into Sycamore Canyon.
- Scouts are responsible for their own meal plan, you can buddy up
- Plenty of clean fresh water readily available to filter
- Minimal elevation change with multiple shallow creek crossings
- Sandy "beach" camping surface close to waters edge, tents optional, plenty of trees but not suitable for hammocks.
- A prize to the top team demonstrating proper and accurate navigation skills
- Opportunity to swim in a nature made pool-WooHoo!
- SPL for this outing is Donovan Brace, he is your go-to guy with questions
Departure is Saturday, September 21 at 6am sharp, please arrive early enough to load gear and get your seating assignment. Location is Chase Bank, Carefree HWY & i-17
This is a 2 hour road trip, prepare for your breakfast in advance and please consider that you are likely riding in someone elses' vehicle
The dirt road leading to the trail head is known to be hazardous, only high profile vehicles should attempt this.
Returning on Sunday, September 22 after 1pm at same departure location.
5:30am - 2:00pm PDT
Chase Bank Parking Lot Carefree & I-17
|| Scoutmasters Mrs.Harris, Mr. Brace