Menno Haven Camp & Retreat Center
On Rally Day, May 25, 2020, we invite you to Rally in Prayer with us through the coming year. We are looking to have people pray with us daily from May 25, 2020 - May 31, 2021. When you sign up to pray with us you will receive regular email updates with specific prayer requests and general updates on what is happening at Menno Haven throughout the year.
Success of Menno Haven Summer Camps, Winter Retreats, Adult Programming, and Retreat Guest Groups is more than getting the largest number of participants or having the coolest, most exciting activities..... it's about providing a place for people to meet Jesus.
Prayer is how that happens. And we need more than the prayers of the year round staff. We need yours. Imagine if we had hundreds of people praying for Jesus to become real to those who come to Menno Haven, for attendees to have an open heart to see Him, for year-round and summer staff to be ministering as the hands and feet of Jesus. This is the kind of camp I want to send my kids to. This is the kind of retreat I want to attend. This is where I want to plan my upcoming event.
Join us in prayer covering summer camp; youth, family, and adult programing; guest group retreats, and every day (because every day is a ministry day as we are always planning and/or preparing for the many people who come). Help us show the campers, the retreat participants and the guest groups that we know the importance of prayer and that they are important to pray for.
Here are ways to pray for Menno Haven. We invite you to pray for:
- God's presence to be felt upon stepping foot on this property
- The guest group, retreat participants and campers to feel a calling to a deeper and closer walk with Jesus
- Guest groups, retreat participants, summer campers, summer staff, and year round staff to be free from injury and illness while they are here
- God-given wisdom and discernment for the Board of Directors and Doc Johnson, Executive Director, as they lead Menno Haven all the time, but especially as related to COVID-19
- The Menno Haven staff to be a unified team
- The Menno Haven staff to have the wisdom, energy and rest needed to do the tasks set before them
- The facilities, vehicles, and equipment to stay in good repair
- Skilled and willing volunteers to come and volunteer as they are able
- College and High School aged persons to feel called and willing to serve as Backyard Missionaries (ministering to the youth in our backyard) to fill the positions needed for the coming summer
- Persons serving as Backyard Missionaries to hear God speak to them as they prepare for the summer
- Campers to have open and ready hearts to hear what will be presented in the Haven At Home Boxes which will be focusing on the theme "Build This House". They will be digging into Ephesians 2:19-22 and thinking about what God is building together in each of us!
- Doc, the Menno Haven Staff and the Board of Directors to find ways to best steward the finances, the land, and the resources that God has blessed us with
- People to be able to give generously towards the Menno Haven Annual Fund
- Those who leave this property to feel the call to go forth and be the hands and feet of Jesus, spreading his love, to the people they meet
For summer camp specifically we could use prayer for the following:
- For the campers, parents, summer staffers, and the larger Menno Haven community as we grieve the cancelation of Menno Haven's residential summer camps in 2020.
- Ashley and the summer staff to have the words to present the gospel message clearly
- Campers to have open ears and hearts to hear God's message
- Campers to have a lot of fun during the various camp activities in the Haven At Home Box
- Campers to know Jesus's love for them and our love for them through the activities and teachings of the week
Menno Haven has the opportunity to provide the best weekend or week for hundreds of kids and thousands of retreat participants and guest groups throughout the year. All of this can only happen through the power and presence of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. With prayer this is possible. Let's make it happen!
We are so thankful for your willingness to partner with us and God and surround this 231 acres in prayer.
In Christ's service,
|| Sheena Johnson