This is a wonderful family activity! We need families to donate, bag and deliver "Thoughtful Treasures" for the patients at Children's Inn at NIH. We will ask each family to donate ten of an item, and then return to OLOM to assemble the bags.
A description of the Children's Inn Thoughtful Treasures program: Upon check-in, each child along with his/her sibling(s) receives a key to their very own mailbox where they can find a special treasure awaiting them every day. Each treasure brings many moments of happiness during their stay. Thoughtful Treasures can be crafted or store-purchased and are donated to us by members of the community who want to make that special difference in a child’s life.
Please note that we will ask the families to purchase the treasures. Guidelines include:
- Quantity: at least 50 of the same or similar items
- Should not refer to hospitals, sickness, “get well soon” or have any religious connotation
- Rule of thumb: for children’s safety, we consider it a choking hazard if it can fit through a toilet paper roll
- We cannot accept used items, stuffed toys, Silly Putty, Playdough, balloons, food items, or bottles containing liquid
- Mailbox dimensions: 5″ X 5″ X 15″
Please also note that new this year, we will collect the donated items ahead of time. Please label the items with your name and the quantity and drop the donations in a box just inside the exterior church doors the weekend of January 19-20. Thank you!
3:00pm - 5:00pm EST
Kennedy Room at OLOM