Thoreau School Store
Dear TMS Community,
We are looking for volunteers to assist with the Thoreau School Store! The School Store is open during lunch hours and sells school supplies, etc. for our students and to raise money for our school.
Please review these bookkeeping details so we can keep our store in tip-top shape. If you are unsure or have ANY questions, please contact us!
1) After obtaining the cash box and notebook from the Thoreau school office personnel, please VERIFY that the amount of cash matches the previous day's Beginning balance (Column C) on the previous day's accounting worksheet.
2) Fill out Column A (current day) which should be APPROX $50
3) Count cash after store closes. Column B= Beg CASH + Sales
3) Count out $50 for next day's balance Column C (denominations are outlined in notebook)
4) Column D= B-C = Daily Deposit - placed in plastic deposit bags. 3 ITEMS REQUIRED on BAG: CASH TOTAL (COLUMN D) ON BAG along with signatures of 2 VOLUNTEERS
****Each COLUMN A,B,C,D MUST have a numerical total of cash****
THANK YOU to everyone who has volunteered thus far! Your help is appreciated!
Call or text us with any questions you may have including during your shift.
Tana Keeffe 703-585-2161
Due to the liability issue with the cash box, we must have two people to run the store each day. If for some reason you cannot make your shift, please find a replacement. If you can’t find a replacement, let us know. We will alert the other volunteer that the store will not open that day.
On Aug 21, 2017, at 9:31 PM, Tana Keeffe <[email protected]