The MAP Distribution Day (DD) Group Assignment list has been created to help all groups communicate.
Volunteers should report to the pole barn across from MCC church in downtown Mattawan (behind Spikes Auto Service, looks for sign on the pole barn front) by 7:30AM. All volunteers can help set up and prepare for a smooth shift by finding and checking in with the shift supervisor, usually a board member.
Volunteer jobs needed are: shoppers to help families go through the pantry, car loaders to help families get their bags into their cars. Mid-morning, volunteers can assist "restocking" any items that have been depleted, and break down boxes for recycling.
After the last family is served, volunteers are released by the shift supervisor.
Thank YOU for your time!
MAP Board of Directors
Mattawan Food Pantry List of Conduct Norms
We are all unpaid volunteers at Mattawan Area Food Pantry. We need to not only treat our
pantry families with top-notch respect but also each other. In light of this, we have established
this list of conduct norms.
As a volunteer of Mattawan Area Pantry, I agree to abide by this list of conduct norms.
1. I will conduct myself in a respectful manner and be positive.
2. I will display respect for our pantry families and the other volunteers.
3. I will respect the confidentiality of our pantry families always.
4. I will respect the property where the pantry resides.
5. I will be helpful and work cooperatively as a team member with other volunteers. I will use an
encouraging tone of voice and will not be critical.
6. I will make every attempt to work to the end of the morning and help with clean up.
7. I will do my part to provide a safe environment by not harming anyone in any way. This may
be verbal or mental abuse, sexual harassment, or discrimination of any kind.
8. I will avoid any conduct that may jeopardize this pantry's effectiveness. I will do my best to
interact and show concern for our pantry families. Cell phones should be used only as
absolutely needed during our Saturday distribution times.
9. I will dress appropriately and modestly, understanding that I may be working outside in the
elements. Closed-toed, sturdy shoes are recommended.
10. I will not accept or solicit any gratuities or gifts from pantry families.
11. I will report any concerns to the board member in charge.
Erin Garnaat, Barb Farris, Molly Chase, Karen Farthing, Mary Brown, Ann Ellis, Christie Enstrom-West, Don Filcek, Beth Griffin, Jamie Mitchell, Tim Molnar
|| Mattawan Area Pantry