HPF Camping Trip
May 1-3, Inks Lake State Park
Click here for Park info And the park map
Inks Lake is a local favorite. There are miles of hiking trails through shady forests and across rocky hills. You can swim, rent paddle boats, canoes, and kayaks. And you don't need a license to fish from one of the piers or shore.
The cost is $6 a person, regardless of age. So, if you have 4 people in your family, and you're coming for both nights, that's $24. If you can only stay one night, then it's $3 a person. If you can't make to camp, we'd love to have you for the day on Saturday!
Here's your options to pay:
- check (to Wendy Campbell, in person or mail to 1503 Colby Lane, Cedar Park, TX 78613)
- Paypal ([email protected])
- CashApp ($wendycpcampbell)
- Venmo (@Wendy-Campbell-44)
- Please don't leave an envelope of money in the church office and assume I'll get it. Contact me (512-775-7467) and we'll connect!
You'll have to pay a day use fee when you arrive--$6 per person, per day, 13 and over. 12 and under are free.
We have sites 59, 61, 70, 71, and 72 (they are pretty close, even though the numbering sounds weird). We can have 8 people (regardless of age) per site, or roughly 2 families, or around 40 people. These sites are all standard electric and water hookup sites with pads for RVs, tents, hammocks, whatever you want to camp in!
On the signup below, I'm assuming we'll have enough folks for 2 families per meal...but that could change, depending on our numbers. Please keep an open mind if I contact you about needing to swap a meal, thanks!!
If you're new to camping, we'd love to have you! Please sign up for a meal. If you are low on supplies, we have some loaners and lots of basics to share. Possibly even tents and sleeping bags, and definitely cooking gear! In fact, most people don't have it all--we do group meals, so we share cooking stoves, cooking gear, marshmallow sticks, etc. Just ask on the Highpoint Fellowship Camping and Outdoors page for what you need!
Our Facebook page and usual way of communicating is through (ask to be added):
- Here's the scoop: We do group meals--you'll get with two (or more) other families and divvy up the food responsibilities. You're in charge of your one meal and trash bags to clean up after.
- Each family on their own is in charge of providing their own plates, cutlery, and drinks for all meals.
- Exception (you have to have those): If you're doing breakfast, it would be nice to provide hot/cold drinks. 2nd exception: If you're serving a non-plate item (like soup), please provide bowls or cups.
- Please try to say what you're planning, so we don't have three meals of hot dogs. :)
- Also, breakfast drinks often carryover to Sunday--check with the other breakfast people to possibly share drinks.
- You can always add your menu comment later...Contact other families via FB or on the church member site.
Please sign up also for s'mores stuff, communion (we usually have it Saturday evening, but if anyone wants a change, please share on FB!) stuff, firewood, etc.
Please also post on FB if you want to share/borrow something! Many families have camp stoves and other paraphernalia that you could use--just ask!
Other things you may wish to bring include fishing gear, canoes, life jackets, swimsuits (hoping it'll be warm enough to swim!), guitars, etc.
One more link to always check: the Burn Ban Map! http://tfsfrp.tamu.edu/wildfires/DecBan.png (Burnet County)
I'll be sharing the head count on FB as people sign up, to help you figure quantities with your meal-planning family (or on your own, depending on our numbers).
Check in is at 2pm. Check out Sunday is 11pm.
|| Wendy Campbell