HPF Camping Trip
November 2-4, Cedar Ridge Park at Lake Belton, a Corps of Engineers park
Click here for Park Info
Turkey Roost Group Camp Area- This area is located within Cedar Ridge Park near the screen shelter loop. It has campsites with water and 50 amp electrical hook-ups, a restroom with showers, and a 32 X 50 pavilion with outlets and lighting, and is segregated from the other campers in the park--we have our own loop road--lots of space!
This is a great group area, with super close bathrooms, walking distance to the water, volleyball net, horseshoe pit, very large covered pavilion with picnic tables, outlets, and lights, even! We had a blast here last year! And the year before that, and the one before that...We're so close you can even come for the day.
ALSO, if you're not a tent camper, the campground has really close (walking distance) screened shelters! Click on the park info above for more info.
Click here to see a photograph of Turkey Roost Group Camp Area
Click here to see a map of this area
There is a marina at the park, boat ramp, and swimming beach.
Check in is at 3pm. The entrance station is open from 6am to 10 pm daily. Check out Sunday is 2pm, but most people pack up and head home after breakfast.
Directions: From Interstate 35 in Temple, Texas take State Highway 36 west towards Gatesville. Turn left on Cedar Ridge Park Road and continue into the park and campground area.
- Here's the scoop: We do group meals--you'll get with another family (or by yourself, depending on our numbers) and divvy up the food responsibilities. You're in charge of this one meal (whichever you sign up for) and trash bags to clean up after.
- Each family on their own is in charge of providing their own plates, cutlery, and drinks for all meals.
- Exception (you have to have those): If you're doing breakfast, it would be nice to provide hot/cold drinks. 2nd exception: If you're serving a non-plate item (like soup), please provide bowls or cups.
- Please try to say what you're planning, so we don't have three meals of hot dogs. :)
- Also, breakfast drinks often carryover to Sunday--check with the other breakfast people to possibly share drinks.
- You can always add your menu comment later...Contact other families via FB--everyone is on the HPF Camping and Outdoors Page, or the HPF website.
Oh, you don't know about the HPF Camping and Outdoors Page? Text/email me and I'll add ya!!
Please sign up also for s'mores stuff, communion (we usually have it Saturday evening, but if anyone wants a change, please share on FB!) stuff, firewood.
Please also post on FB if you want to share/borrow something! Many families have camp stoves, extra sleeping bags, and other paraphernalia that you could use--just ask!
Other things you may wish to bring include fishing gear, canoes, swimsuits (freeze at your own risk), guitars, etc.
One more link to always check before camping: the Burn Ban Map! http://tfsfrp.tamu.edu/wildfires/DecBan.png (we're good right now, Bell County)
Want to know more or have questions? Email me at [email protected] or call me at 512-775-7467. Thanks!!
|| Wendy Campbell