WCE Kindness Rock
The Kindness Rock at Wards Creek Elementary is a great way to spread positive messages and increase excitement in our community!
Need a reason to sprinkle some KINDNESS?
Birthdays, Teacher & Staff Appreciation, Just Because, School Spirit, Thank You, the possibilities are endless!
By reserving the rock, you agree to the following guidelines:
WCE Kindness Rock Policies:
- Reservations are on a first come, first serve basis. Please keep in mind that the earlier you make your reservation, the more likely you are to secure your desired date(s). Additionally, remember that there are approximately 180 school days per year and that WCE has over 700 students registered. Please be understanding if the date you requested is unavailable.
- Daily cost for the reservation is $25. Click here to pay.
- Reserve the date you want! Once reserved, you have the rock for 24 hours, from 4:00 PM in the afternoon prior to your reserved day until 4:00 PM the reserved day. (If your child's birthday is on March 2 - book March 2. Then at 4:00 p.m. on March 1st, you may begin painting).
- The school gate will close at 7:45 PM daily. Plan to paint the rock between 4-7 PM.
- It is your responsibility to paint the rock or find someone to paint it for you.
- Supplies are not included. NO SPRAY PAINT IS ALLOWED ON CAMPUS PER ADMINISTRATION.
- Suggested supplies:
- Latex paint (exterior) one to two quarts for background color.
- A “rough” roller works best for covering the background -- DO NOT paint the top or back of the Kindness Rock.
- Bring a large trash bag to take home all items as you will need to properly discard all painting supplies at home and not on school grounds. Used paint cans are not to be placed in the school trash bins or dumpsters. Please dispose of paint cans properly off campus.
- A secondary paint (exterior) color for the wording
small (1”) brushes or sponges work well for lettering
*Painting Tip* - Bring a piece of chalk to write any letters/words before painting!
***NO SPRAY PAINT ALLOWED ON CAMPUS! ***
- ONLY the rock can be painted. Painting on trees, sidewalks, lamp posts, or buildings is prohibited. Any damage or destruction to the surrounding areas or buildings will deem the family, group, or organization financially responsible for cleaning and repair costs. THIS MEANS ALL PAINT SUPPLIES MUST STAY IN THE GRASSED AREA AND OFF THE SIDEWALK/PAVEMENT. DO NOT paint the grass around the Kindness Rock.
- In the event of inclement weather, plan on painting with an umbrella in your hand. There will be no refunds, even due to the weather. If you are unable to paint the rock on schedule according to your reservation (due to a conflict in your schedule, or forgetfulness, etc.), please try to trade with another family at the school. Please MARK YOUR CALENDAR! We apologize we are unable to issue refunds.
- Character Counts here in St. Johns County and after all, we are The Kindness Club! All messages and designs MUST be in good taste and MAY NOT contain any foul language, discriminatory, religious, and/or political statements and/or symbols. If there is any question to the wording or symbols painted on the rock, we reserve the right to remove/repaint the rock without notice.
- All proceeds from The Wards Creek Elementary Kindness Rock will directly benefit our school and community.
- If you have questions, please contact us at 904.547.8730
Thank you for supporting The Wards Creek Elementary Kindness Club. We hope that the Kindness Rock will become a fun & exciting tradition for students and parents for years to come.
Wards Creek Elementary
|| Wards Creek Kindness Club