UCU Worship Helpers
Sign up for Greeter, Usher, Worship Assistant, Bell Ringer or Acolyte.
Please sign up for multiple dates, as often as you’d like, so the pastor always has helpers.
- Greeters meet people as they come, provide assistance outside during rain or snow days. Come early.
- Ushers distribute bulletins, pass the mic during announcements, count the number of people attending, and pass the collection plates during offertory. During Communion (usually the first Sunday of each month) they help hold the elements. Come early.
- Worship Assistants receive the readings ahead of time from the Secretary, meet with the pastor 10 minutes before the service begins for any special instructions. They may read the Call to Worship, a unison prayer, and a bible reading, then can sit in the pews.
- Bell ringers come early and go up into the belfry to ring the bell before the service (directions are on the wall near the front door). This is a kid-friendly task.
- Acolyte comes early, meets the pastor in the fellowship hall, and walks in with the pastor to light the candles up front signifying the start of the service. This is a kid-friendly task.
- Communion bread that includes one small loaf that can be broken, and cut pieces (about 100) that can be put on the communion plates. Bring 15 minutes before the service.