UCU Worship Helpers
Sign up for Usher, Worship Assistant, Bell Ringer, Slide Advancer, or Chat Chaplain.
Please sign up for multiple dates, as often as you’d like, so the pastor always has helpers.
- Ushers distribute bulletins, pass the mic during announcements and count the number of people attending. During Communion (usually the first Sunday of each month) they help distribute the elements. Come early.
- Worship Assistants receive the readings ahead of time from the Secretary, meet with the pastor 10 minutes before the service begins for any special instructions. They may read the Call to Worship, a unison prayer, and a bible reading, then can sit in the pews.
- Bell ringers come early and go up into the belfry to ring the bell before the service (directions are on the wall near the front door). This is a kid-friendly task.
- Communion bread (gluten free) that includes one small loaf that can be broken, and cut pieces (about 100) that can be put on the communion plates. Bring 15 minutes before the service.
- Slide Advancer sits in the back of the church and uses the church computer to advance the slides projected during the service. Anyone who is comfortable with computers can do this.
- Chat Chaplain is the online facilitator who greets people, using the chat feature, provides the link to the bulletin, provides an opportunity for those online to share their joys and concerns, and at the end of the service sends a count of online attendees to the church secretary.