Our 2022 signup is available, HERE.
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering at The Road Home's Gail Miller Resource Center. We are so grateful for your support!
Our center provides meals, shelter and other resources for up to 160 men and 40 women who are experiencing homelessness. We are open 24/7, 365 days a year for our guests and provide three meals each day.
For this volunteer opportunity, you will assist our kitchen staff in a commercial kitchen by providing meal service to our guests. Duties includes prepping trays with food, dishwashing, cleaning/sanitizing the kitchen before and after meal service, and assisting kitchen staff as needed.
Our kitchen facility can accommodate up to 5 volunteers at a time. Please note that COVID-19 remains a serious, active concern in our homeless resource centers. Help us socially distance by signing up for as many slots as individual volunteers. Slots are for individual volunteers, not groups. Please DO NOT arrive with more individuals than slots you signed up for, we cannot guarantee that additional volunteers can serve.
Meal Service Guidelines
- Volunteers must be at least 12 years old. Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- To ensure the privacy of the people we serve, photos/videos with shelter guests are not permitted at any time.
- Closed toe shoes are required.
- Cancellations: If you need to cancel your shift, please do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Court-ordered community service hours must be approved by the Volunteer Coordinator prior to signing up. Approval may be revoked if you miss two shifts without giving advance notice.
- All volunteers will be asked to wear a mask/face covering over their mouth and nose, regardless of vaccination status.
- We CANNOT accomodate more than 5 volunteers per shift.
Please us the attached map to locate our volunteer parking.
All volunteers will drive through the main entrance gate to be let in. The main entrance gate is located at the north end of our front parking lot on Paramount Ave. Use the call box at this entrance to be let through the gate, then please drive around the building and park anywhere in our back lot. You may enter through the volunteer and donations door.
The gate on High Ave. is NOT a public entrance. Map apps often route volunteers here; please use the entrance gate on Paramount Ave.
Please be aware that there is significant construction on 300 West, which causes traffic delays especially in the evenings. Please plan accordingly.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]