Multnomah Presbyterian Church
- Arriving at MPC on Sundays: To allow for adequate time for seating, we ask that all participants arrive between 8:40-8:55 am. A volunteer will greet you at the door, refer you to our COVID-19 screening questions, and direct you to the sanctuary where an usher will assist you in getting to your seat.
- Physical Distancing and Masks: In compliance with state guidelines, we will create a worship environment that will allow for a minimum of six feet between individuals/households/pods. To reduce close contact between worshippers, we will provide clear signage and appropriately-spaced seating. Masks will also be required, even for those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Touch-Free Environment: We are working to ensure that our gatherings are as touch free as possible. You will not be asked to open doors, pass offering plates, or sign Connect Sheets. For now, Communion will only be observed at our Zoom service. Additionally, we will not be hosting a Coffee Hour in the Fellowship Hall until further notice.
- Connecting After Worship: We realize that there will be a strong desire to connect with others in the church family. Following the 9 am service, we do ask that all participants exit the building, and if you have a desire to talk with others, please do so outdoors, away from high-traffic areas.
- Building Sanitization: On a weekly basis, our janitorial contractor will clean our facility, including the sanitization of all high touch surfaces. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building.
- Families with Children: At this point, we will not be resuming in-person Sunday school or nursery care during the 9 am service. We fully honor the presence of kids in our worship services, and we will do our best to find ways to engage our young disciples in gathered worship.
- Music in Worship: Initially, our gatherings will not include congregational singing or choir anthems. We expect that the music will be mostly instrumental, and may include ensembles (like the marimbas) or soloists.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the MPC office at 503-246-5459.
9:00am - 9:45am PDT
|| Courtney Tomastik