AUDITIONS ARE OPEN TO CHILDREN IN GRADES 2ND – 8TH DURING THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
Auditions are held at the SVCT Warehouse
16840 Joleen Way, Bldg G2, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
The Warehouse will open at least 30 minutes prior to the audition start time and we plan to start auditions promptly. Therefore please be respectful of our Volunteer Staff and others auditioning by arriving early and being prepared
Auditions will be:
Saturday, 7/13/19 8:30am - 12:00pm
Monday, 7/15/19 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Tuesday, 7/16/19 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Please sign-up for your preferred date and time.
- Those unavailable on the above dates can contact Producer Ingrid Rottman, before Friday, 7/12/19 to determine whether other arrangements can be made > [email protected].
The Audition Panel will be comprised of: Daniel McDonald (Director/Choreographer), Ingrid Rottman (Producer), Susan McDonald, (Vocal Director) SVCT Board Members, & SVCT Members without children auditioning.
CALLBACKS: Callbacks are by invitation only on Wednesday, 7/17. If asked to return, you will be provided with a time to arrive. If you are unavailable on 7/17, please note this on page 2 of the audition packet as indicated. (Callbacks are not indicative of casting and not all auditioners be needed for callbacks
Download and complete the Audition Packet located at the bottom of these intructions in full and bring it to the audition with a head shot (3" x 4" max).
Prepared Vocal Portion
- Prepare a 1-1.5 minute (about 36 bars) musical theater (Broadway) song.
- Bring sheet music or a karaoke version on a CD, phone or iPod.
- Songs over 1.5 minutes may be cut short and we cannot skip forward on CDs. If you go over 1.5 minutes, you will probably be cut off. If there is a "big finish" you want the Audition Panel to hear, please edit your song choice accordingly.
- NO songs from R&H Cinderella & NO acapella (singing without accompaniment).
- Our choreographer will teach a short dance routine so actors should wear clothes they can easily move in and comfortable, laced shoes or jazz dance shoes.
Script Reading: No monologue is needed but actors may be asked to read from our script.
|| Ingrid Rottman