Summer Shakespeare Intensive
Please use this sign up to schedule your audition time for the 2020 4th Wall Theatre Summer Shakespeare Intensive. Each auditioner will be assigned to a 30 minute time slot on Saturday February 22, 2020. Invited call backs will be held on Sunday February 23, 2020. Both auditions and call backs will be held at 4th Wall Theatre (address below). Acceptance to the program is based solely on your audition.
If you cannot attend the February 22 audition date, email [email protected] We will work with interested applicants to try to find an alternate date.
When filling out the form, only select one audition slot and designate the quantity as "1"
4th Wall Theatre Company
1824 Spring Street, Studio 101
Houston TX 77007
- To be eligible to audition, students must be entering 10th grade in fall 2020 or be age 16+ by June 22, 2020.
- Each student must select an audition time slot.
- Students should prepare 12-15 lines of memorized Shakespearean verse and a memorized monologue of their choosing from a play written after 1970. Combined, both pieces should last no longer than 2:30 minutes total. The Shakespearean piece must follow these rules:
- Use speech from a Shakespeare play (not a poem or sonnet)
- Do not pause in any line of verse
- Always pause at least a little at the end of every line of verse
Day of Auditions:
- Students must arrive at least 15 minutes before their scheduled time slot to check in with the program coordinator.
- Students should bring a completed Audition Form, a resume, and a printed picture that clearly shows their face. Professional photos are NOT required. The photo will only be used for internal reference and will not affect your chances of admission in any way.
4th Wall Theatre Company, Studio 101, 1824 Spring Street, Houston TX 77007
|| Kim Tobin-Lehl