Wicker Park Garden Club
Saturdays, January 12, 2019 - March 2, 2019 at 10am - 1pm (8 Week Workshop)
Wicker Park Field House Large Meeting Room
Fee: $130 for entire 24 hours of training - Pay at First Class
More INFORMATION [email protected]
(40 student Capacity)
An Excellent Holiday Gift - Contact us for Details.
Now in its 13th year the Wicker Park Garden Club’s workshop is taught by 6 professional designers and 10 veteran gardens from all over Chicagoland. The 8 week series takes the students through the process of design - both in lectures and in weekly hands-on design projects:
- Creating a site plan
- Determining usage and bed areas
- Incorporating architectural influences of the home into the landscape design
- Exploring various hardscape and water usage options
- Studying and designing with various sustainable plant palettes for sun and shade
- Learning to incorporate 4 season interest into your designs
- Understanding native and sustainable plant palettes and how to work with them
- Incorporating vegetables and herbs into your home landscape design.
Students work will be view and critiqued weekly by the instructors and by other students.
10:00am - 1:00pm CST
Wicker Park Field House - 1425 N. Damen