WUSA Spring 2021 Parents
Hello WUSA Famlies! The WUSA Concession stand will be open for business starting on Monday, February 8th for the Spring season. Every WUSA family is responsible for one 2-hour shift (per WUSA player) over the course of the season. Working the concession stand is easy and a great way to meet other WUSA parents.
We are so proud to tell our corporate donors that we are a 100% volunteer run organization. To that end...no volunteers = no concessions!
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. MORE DATES WILL BE ADDED SHORTHLY
A few quick concession stand FAQs:
1. Where is the WUSA concession stand? Glad you asked. The WUSA concession stand is located at the WUSA South Campus playing fields. The best way to find the fields/ parking is to google 9898 Timberside Drive. South Campus is a large area of playing fields, but the WUSA fields and parking are located directly next door to St. Catherine's. Even though all WUSA games are not played at South Campus, all families are required to work at least 1 shift at this concession stand.
2. How long is my shift? The shifts last no more than 2 hours. The time flies when you are busy. If you are not too busy, then we ask volunteers to help with restocking where necessary.
3. Who can work my shift? You can, your spouse, a grandparent, an (older) teenage child 16 years or older. Younger children will not be allowed into the concession stand this season.
4. How many people will be in the concession stand at one time? Only 2 people will be in the concession stand at one time which will allow for social distancing. Masks are required and gloves will be provided. This Spring, the concession will not be serving food made in the concession stand (hot dogs, sno cones, etc). We will be sticking to serving mainly drinks, chips and candy. So this team job just got easier!
5. How many shifts do I have to work? Only one 2-hour shift...per player. So if you have 2 (or more) daughters playing on WUSA teams this spring, your family will be responsible for covering TWO (or more) 2-hour shifts.
6. What happens if my shift is cancelled due to weather? While we will not require you to sign up for another shift if yours is cancelled due to weather, it would be AWESOME if you can help to fill any vacancies on future game days. Once again, no volunteers = no concessions.
7. What happens if I have to cancel last minute? We understand that emergencies happen. The more notice we have of a shift opening, the better. If you find that you cannot make your shift last minute, PLEASE try to find someone to fill in for you. If you can't find someone, reach out to me so I can try to work some magic from this end. If we don't have a minimum of 2 volunteers per shift, we will have to close the concession stand.
THANK YOU again for all of your help! If you have any questions, please reach out to me, Whitney Donalson, [email protected], 281-684-6457
|| WUSA Auxiliary