We are so excited to have you join us at Oxbow for our weekly glean!
By signing up for a glean, you are agreeing to the following.
Volunteers please bring:
- Closed-toe shoes
- Weather-ready clothing and attire, including sun hats and/or rain gear
- Water (in a NON-GLASS water bottle)
- Gardening or work gloves
- Leave all pets at home.
- Park in designated areas and hide valuables from sight or leave at home.
- Portable bathrooms are available on site unless otherwise stated.
- Minimum age of 7 for all volunteers.
Activities: Farm activities as assigned, including harvesting, weeding, and bed maintenance. May include bending, squatting, kneeling, lifting, walking, and/or carrying crates that are 15-50 pounds.
Cancellations: We glean in all weather conditions EXCEPT storms. You will be notified via SignUp Genius in case of cancellation.
Questions? (c) 425-445-9992 or [email protected]
If you’re visiting Oxbow, please use our Public Entrance off of Hwy 203 at 268th Ave NE, Carnation, 98014, just 1/2 mile south of the 124th St. roundabout.
Please keep a close eye out for the 268th Ave NE street sign and an orange-bordered Oxbow sign right off of Hwy 203. Oxbow’s Public Entrance does not have a physical address, so please pay careful attention to the directions below. Google Maps can be unpredictable and may take you to the wrong entrance if you type in our name.
The map at this link shows a pin point marking the turning point for the Public Entrance.
- Drive slowly (10 MPH) down 268th Ave NE for about 1/2 mile
- It will feel like a long stretch, and you’ll pass some private property areas on your right. Keep driving!
- Once you see the Oxbow sign at the end of the road, turn left – you’re there!
- Please park in the designated grass parking areas perpendicular to the ropes. Buses, use the gravel pads.
Oxbow Farm and Conservation Center
|| Courtney Peetz