Act One Youth Theater
Please review the available age slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!
Open for ages 6-18
Please note: Our mission statement has been updated for 2020. In order to help off set the cost of the Venue, Phoenix Center for the Arts, there is now a nominal fee.
- $100 for the first child, $50 for each additional child. SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE
- A parent or guardian will also be required to volunteer for 2 shifts during the week of performance
WORKSHOP, AUDITION, CALLBACKS AND REHEARSALS HELD AT:
Scottsdale Neighborhood Arts Place aka "SNAP" (Same parking lot as Scottsdale Congregational Church) 4425 N Granite Reef Rd Scottsdale, AZ 85251
PERFORMANCES HELD AT PHOENIX CENTER FOR THE ARTS
- OPTIONAL MONOLOGUE WORKSHOP: Saturday, Feb 15, 9:30am-10:30am
- There will be a $20 fee for this optional workshop. Limited to the first 20 who sign up.
- Everyone who signs up to audition will receive a link to sign up for the optional workshop.
- REQUIRED AUDITIONS: Thursday, Feb 20, 6:00pm-8:00pm
- CALLBACKS: Saturday, Feb 22, 2020 9:30am-10:30am
- PERFORMANCES AT PHOENIX CENTER FOR THE ARTS: 04/23/20-04/26/20
(Featuring a special daytime performance on 4/24/20 -for the actors who are able to be excused from classes)
AUDITION FORMAT: Please note -This production is a play, not a musical. So dancing and singing are not required.
- Group style in groups of 5-10
- Please bring a headshot or snapshot and arrive 5-10 min early to fill out audition forms
- Perform a 30 sec to 1 min monologue. Some actors may also be asked to cold read
Some roles in our productions may have an understudy. Understudies will be given performance opportunities
TENTATIVE REHEARSAL SCHEDULE:
- Mon and Tue 5:30pm-7:30pm (Typically only leads and supporting actors are called)
- Saturdays 9:00am-11:00am (All called)
---> No rehearsal during Spring Break Week March 9-14
******A parent or guardian is required to attend the first hour of the first rehearsal on Monday, Feb 24th