Utah’s Hogle Zoo is a Utah treasure. Located at the mouth of Emigration Canyon since 1931, the Zoo is spread out over 42 acres. Its natural hillside terrain and meandering tree-covered pathways enhance your visit as you discover the wonders of the natural world.
Hogle Zoo has something for everyone! With hundreds of animals representing hundreds of different species, the splendor of the splendor of the animal kingdom is yours to behold. African Savanna, will be sure to delight with giraffes, zebras and ostriches, all roaming the savanna while lions watch nearby.
Hogle Zoo has very tight field trip policies. Any violation by any member of the field trip group will result in the school not being able to participate in another field trip for a minimum of one year. Before signing up for this field trip, please read everything below:
1. All field trip participants, regardless of age, must wear an identification tag. ID tags need to be worn and visible at all times. If a school name tag is found on the ground or in or on an exhibit, the school will be asked to leave and will not return.
2. If your students are unruly and/or become separated from their chaperones, they may be asked to leave the Zoo.
3. If parents/chaperones do not remain with their assigned students, the Zoo’s security staff will likely stop them and ask them to find their group and leave.
4. Absolutely NO LATE arrivals will be allowed to join the field trip group. NO refunds will be given. The team leader will hand in all the necessary paperwork by the start time of the field trip.(8:50 a.m. to enter at 9:00) Once the paperwork is received, the field trip is closed for late arrivals.
5. In the event of lightning, the field trip will be canceled and re-scheduled for a later date upon availability of the zoo.
For the health and safety for the animals and guests, we do not allow the following items on Zoo grounds:
- Balloons of any kind
- Selfie Sticks (hand-held extension poles for cameras and mobile devices)
- Segway’s or similar motorized vehicles. (These items may be used for medical purposes as approved by Security. Contact Guest services for assistance.) Motorized wheel chairs are OK.
- Recreational devices with wheels, such as bicycles/tricycles, skateboards, scooters, heely type shoes, inline or roller skates or other self-propelled type items. Bicycles.
- Water guns, water balloons or similar type items. Water Spray Bottles are allowed on Hot Days. (those bought from the gift shop are allowed anytime)
- Glass containers.
- Alcoholic beverages or any illegal substances.
- Laser Pointers, flashlights, or flash photography
- Gas Grills or charcoal barbecues.
- Stickers or confetti.
- Balls of Any Kind, yo-yo’s, throwing discs, i.e. Frisbee’s, whistles, beads and any other item deemed unsafe, harmful or disruptive to animals and guests.
- ANY OTHER ITEM DEEMED UNSAFE BY HOGLE ZOO SECURITY
**This will be a self guided tour. Once we have entered, you will be able to explore the zoo on your own until the departure time.**
**FACE MASKS ARE STRONGLY RECOMENDED FOR ALL PARTICPANTS NOT FULLY IMMUNISED**
We hope you can join us for the fun!
8:40am - 1:00pm MDT
2600 Sunnyside Avenue (840 South) Salt Lake City, UT 84108
|| Jesslynn Anderson