The Nett Church
During this season of social distancing and isolation, the Church has the unique opportunity to redefine what it means to connect to each other and to God. For the next several weeks, The Nett will be providing a weekly worship experience that will be exclusively available online through our website and social media channels and we need your help to make it happen!
Register below to record a short video of yourself to be included in our weekly worship service video. There are several types of videos you can record:
- PRAYER: Record you and/or your family praying leading our congregation in prayer. You can pray for our friends and community members feeling the painful effects of the current crisis. You can pray for our first responders, food care service workers, delivery drivers, and others putting their health on the line to assist others. And, most importantly, you can offer a prayer of thanksgiving to God for all the blessings he still provides in our lives!
- OFFERING EXPLANATION AND ENCOURAGEMENT: One of the things we say on Sunday mornings in worship is that "...if this morning is your first time joining us then this service is a gift from our team to you. However, no matter how long you've worshipped and served with us, if you feel like you want to be a part of something bigger than yourself and help our mission of Nations Experiencing Transformation Together than you can give financially either by check or online." We would love to have a volunteer express that sentiment each week in the form of a short video testimony.
- SCRIPTURE READING: Each week our pastoral staff will provide a scripture verse to share with the congregation. Feel free to get as creative as you can with how you share the passage. Maybe share it in another language? Maybe reach out to your small group and record a Zoom call reading the verse together? The choice is yours!
Once you record your video, send it via email, dropbox, or google drive to [email protected] (or simply email with your technical questions) and we will include your clip in our upcoming Sunday morning video!
Tips of Filming a Great Video
- Find a quiet place to record with a good light source. Outside is always good as long as there isn't too much traffic or other background noise.
- Avoid wearing any clothing with brands or logos. This will allow us to share the video without being in any copyright restrictions.
- Film you and/ or your family using landscape mode. Not portrait mode. This is so that we keep a consistent look from clip to clip.
- Make sure to look at the lens of the camera when you film. Not your own picture on the screen. This way your audience will feel a stronger connection with what you are saying.
- Lastly, have fun! Pretend like you are talking to your best friend and be yourself!
If you have any questions or any ideas about something unique you'd like to share for our weekly worship video, send an email to [email protected]