2020 spring rowers and parents
Spring Break Training Camp (Updated 12/16/2019)
Excitement is building! This year Rock Ridge Crew is adding a Spring Break Training at Camp Bob Cooper on Lake Marion, SC. This is an optional, but highly recommended activity.
The main reason why is because we loose one hour of on the water practice compared to the other Fairfax County and Arlington County teams that end classes at 3pm vs Loudoun County teams that end classes at 4pm. So not only will we be able to gain on aggregate practice time it will provide the students a time to really bond with each other and create high school memories together.
Now here are the trip facts:
- Who: We have 20 rowers going.
- Lodging: Rowers will be housed at onsite dorm in double bunk beds.
- Food: Up to 4 meals a day is provided by the camp cafeteria style at 6am, 10am, 2pm, 6pm. The menu does include vegetarian items.
- Transport: We need 4-5 carpool drivers for the 20 rowers. Drivers will also serve as chaperons.
- Draft schedule: leave Tuesday 4/7/2020 morning and return Saturday 4/11/2020 evening (travel Tuesday, row Wednesday-Friday, travel Saturday)
- Cost of $450/rower includes transport, lodging, food at Bob Cooper (4 meals/day). Cost does not include meals during travel days. Please bring lunch or cash for food for travel days.
- If a rower is not able to go due to cost, please email Mr. Matias personally and he will see if there is anything that can be done.