Auditions at BHS, August 21-23 between 11am – 3pm
Auditions will consist of four parts:
- Play at least a two-octave chromatic scale (up and down) at a steady and quick pace.
- Perform 1-minute of anything you would like to play that demonstrates your jazz style and technique
- A prepared excerpt, where you play the head of a tune and then improvise over the changes. Choose one of the tunes from excepts below or pick your own.
Link to audition excerpt(s) B-flat Bass Clef E-flat Treble Clef
?Jazz Band Drummers:
- Play Swing and Latin Styles at various tempos
- Be prepared to alternate between time and fills
- Be prepared to ‘set up’ ensemble hits on different beats of the bar
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to email Mr. James at [email protected]
|| Michael James