Neighborhood House is offering Fresh Produce Pickups from November 2021 through May 2022. Families can pick up fresh fruit, vegetables, and bread by driving up in their cars or by walking up to Metropolitan State University’s Parking Ramp.
Location: Metro State University Parking Ramp, 407 Bates Ave, Saint Paul 55117
Date: 3rd Friday of the month from November to May.
Volunteer shift time: 11:45 AM to 3:00 PM
- Food Distribution Volunteer: Volunteers will sort and bag produce, distribute produce to families, and help clean up after the distribution ends.
- Traffic Control Volunteer: Volunteers assist with directing traffic, and communicate traffic rules to participants driving to the distribution.
- On-Call Volunteer: On distribution days where the volunteer sign up is FULL, we are asking for on-call volunteers that can fill in for any volunteers who cancel last minute due to COVID-19 or weather concerns. Please only sign up for the on-call slot once all volunteer slots for a chosen date are filled!
- This event will be outdoors in a covered parking garage.
- Please bring your own face mask and dress accordingly for the weather.
- This is a family friendly volunteer event, but all youth under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
Event / Volunteer Contacts
Metropolitan State University Parking Ramp
407 Bates Ave, St Paul, MN 55106