As part of our effort to strengthen our Middle School community, we will have two distinct class parent roles per grade:
- Serve as contact point for parents with questions about the grade or school.
- Send reminder emails to all parents in the class with class specific information including, but not limited to, any content provided by Middle School Rep.
- Help remind/publicize key student events.
- Attend trimester meeting with Robert Missonis and Middle School Reps to review events and share any feedback or concerns relating to your grade.
- Organize a welcome back get together over the summer.
- Provide treats to students around key holidays or special events throughout the year such as a special gouter treat or a small surprise in lockers.
- Brainstorm and suggest ways to add fun to student's experience.
- Organize occasional parent get togethers for your grade.
- Social Class Parent is not required to host these events, only schedule/organize them.
- Additional items for grades 7 and 8
- Grade 7: Class Parents help plan the post Prize Day reception for eighth graders and their families. This includes providing the Prize Day gift (typically a framed photo of the class during the Washington, DC trip) and organizing the snacks.
- Grade 8: Organize, set up and clean up the 8th Grade Musical cast party.
If you have any questions, please contact our 2021-2022 SPA Middle School Reps., Gillian Reeder at [email protected], or Kejing Embleton at [email protected].
|| Parent Association