As part of our effort to strengthen our Lower School community, we will have two distinct class parent roles per grade. These roles are not significant time commitments, but are key to providing crucial communication links between the classroom and home.
- Serve as a contact point for parents with questions about the grade or school.
- Send reminder emails to all parents in the class with class specific information including, but not limited to, any content provided by Lower School Rep. Monthly communication templates were made available this year for leveraging.
- Help remind/publicize key student events.
- Organize a welcome back get together over the summer.
- Organize get togethers for your class (playground playdates, outing to the movies, parent coffee after drop off, etc). If possible, we recommend at least 2 student get togethers before the Christmas break and then 2 before school ends.
- Coordinate a Birthday Bouquet for your teachers and assigned faculty/specialists.
- Social Class Parent is not required to host events, only schedule/organize them.
Overall support for your class across both roles:
Work with the teachers and assist them in any way needed. Depending on the grade, there will be different responsibilities. (Example: 3rd grade class parents may provide support for the annual Bake Sale and Lenape Day.)
If you have any questions, please contact Katie Janiszewski, SPA Lower School Representative, at [email protected].
|| Parent Association