As part of our effort to strengthen our Early Childhood community, we will have two distinct class parent roles per grade:
- Serve as contact point for parents with questions about the grade or school.
- Send reminder emails to all parents in the class with class specific information including, but not limited to, any content provided by the Early Childhood Rep.
- Help remind/publicize key student events.
- Organize a welcome back get together over the summer.
- Organize get togethers for your class (playground playdates, outing to the movies, parent coffee after drop off, etc). If possible, we recommend at least 2 student get togethers before the Christmas break and then 2 before school ends.
- Coordinate a Birthday Bouquet for your teachers and assigned faculty/specialists.
- Social Class Parent is not required to host events, only schedule/organize them.
Overall support for your class across both roles:
Work with the teachers and assist them in any way needed. Depending on the grade, there will be different responsibilities. (Example: 3rd grade class parents may provide support for the annual Bake Sale and Lenape Day.)
If you have any questions, please contact Kaila Doran, 2021-2022 EC SPA Representative, at [email protected].
|| Parent Association