Ross Valley Players
Auditions for Agatha Christie’s The Mousetrap, at Ross Valley Players
Note: Most audition slots already are filled, but we still want to see you! Please look at the sign up schedule below and respond our producer, Steve Price, at [email protected] with 3 time slots that you are available. We will fit you into a slot during one of your preferred times.
Directed by Adrian Elfenbaum
****SIGN UP SHEET BELOW BUT PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING****
Ross Valley Players Barn Theatre (RVP)
Marin Art & Garden Center
30 Sir Francis Drake Blvd.
Ross, CA 94904
Directions at - http://www.rossvalleyplayers.com/plan-your-visit/
Sign up for an audition time at - http://www.rossvalleyplayers.com/auditions/
Friday 5/3/2019 - 7:00-10:00pm @ RVP
Sunday 5/5/2019 - 7:00-10:00pm @ RVP
Tuesday 5/7/2019 - 7:00-10:00pm @ First Church of Christ Scientist Day School (1618 Fifth Ave, San Rafael, CA 94901), Enter on Mission Ave. between Cottage Ave. and G St.; a sign will be posted on the door
What to Prepare and Bring:
- One or Two audition pieces, together no more than 3:00, total; British dialect for one piece, if you wish (dialect not required for audition)
- List of ALL CONFLICTS between 8/4/2019 - 9/12/2019 on Mon.-Fri. evenings and Sat.-Sun. days and evenings (please prepare the list ahead of time)
Friday 5/10/2019 - 7:00-10:00pm @ RVP
Sunday 5/12/2019 - 7:00-10:00pm @ RVP
Rehearsals (at RVP Barn Theatre):
8/4/2019 - 9/5/2019 (15-20 hours per week)
Sun.-Thurs. evenings 7:00-10:00pm
And, some weekend days, TBA
Sat. 9/7/2019 - Sun. 9/8/2019 10:00am-10:00pm
Mon. 9/9/2019-Thurs. 9/12/2019 Call Time 6:00pm
Run of Show:
9/13/2019 - 10/13/2019
Thurs. nights – 7:30pm
Fri. and Sat nights – 8:00pm
Sun. matinee – 2:00pm
Sun. 10/13/2019, immediately following final performance
8/4/2019 - 10/13/2019
Marin and Sonoma County residents - $100.
Any actor who must cross a bridge - $250.
On the English countryside in the 1950s, a group of strangers is stranded at Monkswell Manor, a boarding house, during a snowstorm. One is murdered. A policeman investigates each person’s background. The ensemble grapples with the mystery, until the murderer’s identity is revealed at the end of the play. Agatha Christie’s beloved play, The Mousetrap, has run continuously in London for over 65 years, over 25,000 performances. It is the longest, continuously running play in modern history.
• Mollie Ralston (mid 20s-30s): Inherited the manor house from her deceased aunt, and is converting it into a boarding house, with her husband, Giles. They have been married only one year. Mollie strives to make the boarding house and the marriage successful.
• Giles Ralston (mid 20s-30s): Mollie’s determined partner in marriage and business. Driven to succeed and protective of Mollie.
• Christopher Wren (mid 20s-30s): An eccentric, mysterious young man, who has sought refuge in the boarding house.
• Mrs. Boyle (50s-60s): An arrogant, dissatisfied woman who imposes her will on all around her.
• Major Metcalf (50s-60s): Military in bearing and demeanor. Agile and observant. Helpful to all.
• Miss Casewell (mid 20s-30s): A confident, independent young woman on a mysterious mission.
• Mr. Paravicini (30s-40s): Roguish and charming, he arrives at the boarding house after his car overturns in a snowdrift. Appears to be hiding his true background and disguising his appearance.
• Detective Sergeant Trotter (mid 20s-30s): A professional, methodical young detective. He conducts a thorough investigation to reveal the identity of the murderer.
If slots are full please contact the producer, Steve Price, at [email protected] and a date and time will be assigned that works for you. We would still like to see you!
Email: [email protected]
|| Benjamin Vasquez