Msgr. McSweeney World Hunger Drive - Volunteers - 2022
INDIVIDUALLY WE ARE ONE DROP, TOGETHER WE ARE AN OCEAN
MOVED BY THE SPIRIT!
We are so excited to bring our parish family and friends together again for our 20th Annual Meal Packing Event!! This year, and more than ever, it is critical for us to succeed in reaching our goal of 300,000 meals for our families in Haiti, Jamaica and right here in the Charlotte community.
The Monsignor McSweeney World Hunger Drive Meal Packing Event provides volunteers the opportunity to prepare and package meals that will be distributed to Haiti, Jamaica and local organizations. It is a fun and rewarding experience for anyone of any age and it's a wonderful opportunity for a family project. Children 5 and up can participate. There are a variety of jobs throughout the assembly line process that can accommodate young children and people with special needs.
AND, this year we are back in our beautiful newly renovated Parish Center Gym where we will work with great music provided by Rolling Thunder DJ Chris Pangalos who will keep us on our toes (remember, 300,000 meals :)
This Event Does Fill Up Fast!
- When: Saturday, August 13th
- Shifts: 8am-10am, 10:30am-12:30pm, 1:00pm-3:00pm, 3:30pm-5:30pm
- Needed: 1,200 people ages 5 years & up
- Mission: Prepare and pack over 300,000 meals
- Check-in: New Life Center for registration/instructions - St. Matthew (NOT the school gym). Please arrive 20 minutes before your shift start time. SHIFTS WILL START PROMPTLY.
- All children 16 & under must be accompanied with a parent.
- If you would like us to be aware of any special needs, please note them in the "My Comment" section of the signup. If you prefer to privately inform us, you can just email us with your information.
- Because of limited space & safety purposes, we are unable to set anything up, like chairs, between the tables in order to raise the height of an individual.
- For large groups, please know that there is a set limit of 10 people per table. If your group is larger than 10, we would need to use two tables for your group. VERY IMPORTANT - ENTIRE GROUP MUST BE PRESENT TO CHECK-IN.
- It is mandatory for all participants of the Meal Packing Event to check-in and attend the introduction/training session that immediately follows the check-in process before each session, EVEN if you have participated in the MPE before.
To sign up - Just CLICK on the "Sign Up" button next to the time slot you would like. Then select the number of people that will be joining you in the drop-down menu and then CLICK the "Sign Up" button at the bottom.
In the event you have a change in your signup or need to cancel, please make the change as soon as possible, or just let us know so we can give someone on the wait list the opportunity to participate.
THANKS FOR HELPING FEED THE POOREST OF THE POOR!
"God's love is unbounded - it has no limits!"- Pope Francis
|| Msgr. McSweeney World Hunger Drive Committee