Msgr. McSweeney World Hunger Drive - Volunteers - 2019
UNA FAMILIA HUMANA
ONE HUMAN FAMILY
MOVED BY THE SPIRIT!
The Monsignor McSweeney World Hunger Drive Meal Packing Event provides volunteers the opportunity to prepare and package meals that will be distributed to Haiti and local organizations. It is a fun and rewarding experience for anyone of any age and it’s a wonderful opportunity for a family project. Children 5 and up can participate. There are a variety of jobs throughout the assembly line process that can accommodate young children and people with special needs.
This Event Does Fill Up Fast!
- When: Saturday, June 29th
- Where: St. Matthew Catholic Church
- Shifts: 8am-10am, 10:15am-12:15pm, 12:30pm-2:30pm, 2:45pm-4:45pm
- Check-in: NEW LIFE CENTER - ENTIRE GROUP MUST BE PRESENT TO CHECK-IN
- Needed: 1,300 people ages 5 years & up
- Mission: Prepare and pack over 300,000 meals
- All children 16 & under must be accompanied with a parent.
- If you would like us to be aware of any special needs, please note them in the “My Comment” section of the signup. If you prefer to privately inform us, you can just email us with your information.
- Because of limited space & safety purposes, we are unable to set anything up, like chairs, between the tables in order to raise the height of an individual.
- For large groups, please know that there is a set limit of 10 people per table. If your group is larger than 10, we would need to use two tables for your group. VERY IMPORTANT - ENTIRE GROUP MUST BE PRESENT TO CHECK-IN.
- It is mandatory for all participants of the Meal Packing Event to check-in and attend the introduction/training session that immediately follows the check-in process before each session, EVEN if you have participated in the MPE before.
BOX ANGELS ARE BACK!
Be a Box Angel – Sponsor a Box
You have the opportunity to sponsor a box of meal packages that will feed 216 hungry people for $20. You can sponsor as many as you would like. You can personalize your Box Angel label(s) and place it on a box that will be shipped to feed the poor in Haiti and local organizations. Labels will be sold at the Meal Packing Event - cash, check and credit cards are accepted.
As a thank you from the people of Haiti, the name of everyone who sponsors a box will be put in a drawing for a hand-painted Haitian art piece which will be awarded at each of the four Meal Packing Event sessions.
STRONG VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO HELP DURING MEAL PACKING EVENT
We have a STRONG NEED for STRONG VOLUNTEERS to help with the Ingredient Re-Stocking, Re-Set during the Meal Packing Event. You will be right there in the gym with everyone to help re-stock the ingredients and re-set. After all, if we don't re-stock, everyone will just be standing there. So, if you or someone you know would love to help feed the poorest of the poor another way:
- MUST be 16 years old or older
- MUST be able to LIFT and POUR 50lb bags
- These are shift positions, you don't have to do them all, but certainly welcome to do as many as you like
- TO SIGN UP - Scroll down to the 'Strong Volunteer/Ingredient Re-stocking' shifts within the shift of the MPE signup below.
NOTE: DO NOT SIGN UP ON THE STRONG VOLUNTEER/INGREDIENT RE-STOCKING SHIFT SIGNUP TO DO THE MEAL PACKING EVENT. The MPE button is above the strong volunteer button (if the session is not full).
To sign up for the Meal Packing Event - Just CLICK on the "Sign Up" button next to the time slot you would like. Then select the number of people that will be joining you in the drop-down menu and then CLICK the "Sign Up" button at the bottom.
You will be given an opportunity to create a Signup Genius account. We RECOMMEND that you do this (very easy - if you don't already have one) so you can receive a reminder email with your time slot and important information about the event.
In the event you have a change in your signup and/or need to cancel your signup, you can edit the change yourself, or just let us know so we can give someone on the wait list the opportunity to participate.
THANKS FOR HELPING FEED THE POOREST OF THE POOR!
"God's love is unbounded - it has no limits!"- Pope Francis
Parish Center Gym
|| Msgr. McSweeney World Hunger Drive Committee