Thank you so much for your interest in helping with Project Kids Eat (PKE) at Campus Church. Each summer we provide breakfast and lunch to children living in the extended stay hotels located in our community.
*Please arrive at 11:30
** We are in the main building of Campus Church in the Great Hall or if your child is at GAC, you'll know it as the HS and JH lunchroom.
* You will come in the main Campus Church entrance that is the stop light at Georgia Belle Court by the GAC football stadium. You will park on the side of Campus Church in the PKE marked spaces if you're a driver and surrounding spaces if you're a general volunteer. You will see a sign telling you which door PKE volunteers are to use. You will finish between 12:30-12:45.
* Each volunteer helps pack the meals (even the drivers), but we need to make sure we have 6 people, each day who are willing to drive their cars to the hotels. We need 6-8 other volunteers, who will accompany the drivers, so no one goes to a hotel alone.
*Please enter just one person's name in each slot. If you are a couple or a parent of a teen- please put the name of each person in either a driver or a helper slot. For example: do NOT put Tom and Betty Smith in the Driver's slot--put Betty Smith in the Driver's slot and Tom's name in the helper slot.
*Every NEW volunteer 18 and older must have a background check before you sign up to help. If you have not had a background check click here: [email protected] to get instructions. If you arrive to volunteer and we do not have the results of your background check you will be able to package the meals, but not deliver them. This is for the safety of the children we are serving. Background checks will need to be repeated every 3 years.
*Please do NOT bring children under the age of 8 to help. This is for the safety of your child, as we deliver the meals in parking lots where it is difficult to focus on the children you are serving as well as the safety of your own child.
*The following items are needed:
- Laundry Detergent Pods (Nifty little laundry detergents that are already pre-measured and has fabric softener and stain fighter in the pod)
- Full size toiletries and toothpaste
- Cleaning supplies such as Clorox Wipes
Campus Church Great Hall/Cafeteria
|| Julie Williams