The New School - West is proud to offer workshops and community engagement throughout the year as part of our intention to share what we’ve learned and to support our belief in progressive education and constructivist practices as best for the development of a healthy society. We use the monies gained from these encounters to further our own professional development.
- Workshops are intended for adults only.
- Light refreshments are provided. Please bring your own cup or mug.
- Each engagement is $50 per person.
- RSVPs are made with confirmation of payment.
- Please bring your own note taking equipment. All other materials needed are provided.
- Photographs of children are not permitted. We do allow environment photos because you are in dialogue with us and therefore, understand the context behind what you capture.
- Parking is on our neighborhood streets. Please be mindful of our neighbors who are our friends and community.
Natural Dye Series: Learn how to prepare fabrics, draw out color, and see trash with creative possibilities. HANDS ON. You are welcome to bring one home scoured cloth no larger than a t-shirt.
Flow of the Day: Study the strategies used to make the environment the 3rd teacher, the peer group autonomous, and focus work possible.
A Culture of Welcoming: Understand the power of a strong image of children and curriculum design in a Reggio inspired school.
Woodworking: Engage young learners in creative and capable work for persistence and self esteem.
Hand Building Clay: HANDS ON pinch pot, coil and slab construction! Clay items will be fired and you can retrieve them at a later date.
Technology in the Classroom: Integrate technology as a creative material in children’s play.
The New School-West. 12731 Venice Blvd, LA 90066
|| New School West (Katy Roberts)