PB&J Home Grocery Delivery
MONTHLY volunteers are needed for no-contact, knock-and-drop delivery of PB&J grocery bags to family residences in Charlottesville. A HUGE THANK YOU to all of our summer volunteers who helped us to operate a weekly grocery delivery program from the time schools closed in mid-March through the end of August. This fall, we will be delivering a larger bag once per month on the following SATURDAYS: 9/19, 10/17, 11/21, & 12/19. We would love for volunteers to be able to deliver on all four Saturdays, but we will open the SignUpGenius one month at a time. Active fall delivery drivers will have the option to continue the following month before new volunteers are recruited.
- All drivers must be at least 18 years of age and complete a PB&J background check.
- Drivers will be making deliveries using their own personal vehicles.
- As much as possible, please clear your vehicle’s trunk, back seat, and cargo areas for ease of loading grocery bags into your vehicle by PB&J staff and volunteers.
- Substitutes are needed in case of emergencies, so please join as a SUBSTITUTE DRIVER if all of the DRIVER slots are taken.
- New PB&J volunteers will receive an email invitation to complete an online background check through Sterling Volunteers.
Volunteers will be emailed by the Wednesday before grocery distribution with specific details related to pick-up and deliveries. This email correspondence will be from my [email protected] email address, so please add it to your address book.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
|| Tracey Roberts