PB&J Home Grocery Delivery
MONTHLY volunteers are needed for no-contact, knock-and-drop delivery of PB&J grocery bags to family residences in Charlottesville. A HUGE THANK YOU to all of our summer volunteers who helped us to operate a weekly grocery delivery program from the time schools closed in mid-March through the end of August. This fall, we will be delivering a larger bag once per month on the following SATURDAYS: 9/19, 10/17, 11/21, & 12/19. We would love for volunteers to be able to deliver on all four Saturdays, but we will open the SignUpGenius one month at a time. Active fall delivery drivers will have the option to continue the following month before new volunteers are recruited.
- All drivers must be at least 18 years of age and complete a PB&J background check.
- Drivers will be making deliveries using their own personal vehicles.
- As much as possible, please clear your vehicle’s trunk, back seat, and cargo areas for ease of loading grocery bags into your vehicle by PB&J staff and volunteers.
- Substitutes are needed in case of emergencies, so please join as a SUBSTITUTE DRIVER if all of the DRIVER slots are taken.
- New PB&J volunteers will receive an email invitation to complete an online background check through Sterling Volunteers.
Volunteers will be contacted by email about specific details related to pick-up and deliveries. That email correspondence will be from my [email protected] email address.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
|| Tracey Roberts