January 2021 Delivery Drivers
MONTHLY volunteers are needed for no-contact, knock-and-drop delivery of PB&J grocery bags to family residences in Charlottesville. A HUGE THANK YOU to all of our summer 2020 volunteers who helped us to operate a weekly grocery delivery program from the time schools closed in mid-March through the end of August. Starting in the fall of 2020, we began packing and delivering a larger bag once per month. We will continue this monthly program throughout the spring of 2021 on the following SATURDAYS: 1/23, 2/27, 3/27, 4/24, & 5/15. We love to be able to keep volunteers on their same routes, so active delivery drivers will have the option to continue the following month before the SignUpGenius is opened to new volunteers.
- All drivers must be at least 18 years of age and complete a PB&J background check.
- Drivers will be making deliveries using their own personal vehicles.
- As much as possible, please clear your vehicle’s trunk, back seat, and cargo areas for ease of loading grocery bags into your vehicle by PB&J staff and volunteers.
- Substitutes are needed in case of emergencies, so please join as a SUBSTITUTE DRIVER if all of the DRIVER slots are taken.
- New PB&J volunteers will receive an email invitation to complete an online background check through Sterling Volunteers.
Volunteers will be emailed by the Wednesday before grocery distribution with specific details related to pick-up and deliveries. This email correspondence will be from my [email protected] email address, so please add it to your address book.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
|| Tracey Roberts