Crossfield and the PTO Board are excited to announce that on Friday, February 14th, your students will be participating in “Crossfield Gives Back." This will be a day of giving where all of our students will prepare, sort and prep 500 weekend food packs containing snacks/meals for food insecure students across Fairfax County. These packs will be distributed by Food for Others.
We are asking for your help in providing the foods for these packs (oatmeals, granola bars, mac&cheese, etc). Donations can be delivered to the lobby between 2/3 and 2/13. We also need help before and during the event.
- NO NUTS or peanuts as main ingredients.
- Only non-perishable, individually packaged, non-glass items are accepted.
- Please use the requested brands/stores as guidelines/suggestions, you can get something else but please try to deliver the general kind of food item and quantities to which you committed. For more details on the Power Pack Program, click here.
- Many of these items can be purchased at Costco, Target, Amazon, Jet.com. Links are only provided for sample quantities/pricing reference.
- Check all expiration dates. Please make sure there is at least a 3 month window until expiration.
Please share this signup genius for food donations far and wide (neighborhood groups, places of worship, local friends and family). Feel free to collect donations from others at your home or business and deliver to Crossfield. This is an ambitious effort, but we know we can do it. Let’s show the love, Crossfield! Together, we can help other students in our community.
Crossfield Elementary School