Please review the audition information and available slots below and choose audition time slot below.
A CHRISTMAS CAROL SYNOPSIS:
Meet Elizabeth Scrooge and journey to 1840s London in this delightful new adaptation by Jeff Cook of Charles Dickens’ holiday classic. Not a straight gender swap, this year’s A Christmas Carol is a lovingly reimagined version of the story full of the same characters, tradition, warmth, and festive atmosphere of the original! Our all-new re-telling is sure to win the hearts of children and adults this season!
- Auditions September 12th & 13th
- Children: 6-7 pm
- Adults: 7-9 pm
- Callbacks if necessary on September 14th.
- Auditions held at Woodstock Opera House: 121 Van Buren St., Woodstock, IL 60098
- Plese enter thru the side door on Dean St.
- Pictures will be taken before your audition so headshots are not required
- We ask that you arrive 15 minutes prior to your audition time or bring a completed form with you to your audition. Audition forms can be found here.
- Adult auditions will consist of readings from the script.
- Children auditions will consist of singing a Christmas carol of their choice (no accompaniment) & possibly a reading from the script.
Please bring proof of COVID-19 Vaccination. Theatre 121 accepts vaccine cards, vaccine records on pharmaceutical & medical aps, and the Illinois Vax Portal (https://idphportal.illinois.gov/s/)
- Prefered that cast members (adult & children) are fully vaccinated to participate in this production. Boosters are encouraged but not required.
- In the event an unvaccinated auditioner is cast, our policy is that the unvaccinated individual needs to take a covid test before rehearsals and performances, within 72 hours of scheduled Theatre 121 events. This policy also extends to unvaccinated staff members.
- Rehearsals are expected to be Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays from 7 pm to 10 pm and Sundays from 6 pm to 9pm with the first rehearsal table read on Monday, Sept 19th
- Seperate rehearsals will be scheduled for children to learn Christmas carols.
- We expect children who are cast in ensemble roles will not be needed after 9 pm until a week before tech week.
- You will only be called for rehearsals for scenes you are in. Sundays will be the entire cast each week for running the show.
- Tech Week: November 13th - 17th (must be available all tech days)
- Performance Dates: November 18th - December 4th
- Friday, Nov. 18th: 7:30 pm
- Saturday, Nov. 19th: 2pm
- Sunday, Nov. 20th: 2pm
- Friday, Nov. 25th: 7:30 pm
- Saturday, Nov. 26th: 2 pm AND 7:30 pm
- Sunday, Nov. 27th: 4pm
- Friday, Dec. 2nd: 7:30 pm
- Saturday, Dec. 3rd: 2pm AND 7:30 pm
- Sunday, Dec. 4th: 2pm
Elizabeth Scrooge: A miserly woman (F, 50+)
Alice Cratchit: Scrooge’s clerk (F, 30ish)
Fred: Scrooge’s nephew (M, 25)
Jacob Marley: Scrooge’s employer (M, 55+)
The Spirit of Christmas Present: A Spirit (Any, 18+)
The Spirit of Christmas Past: A Spirit (F, 18+)
Fan: Scrooge’s Sister (F, early 20’s)
Adult Scrooge: Past Scrooge (F, early 20’s)
William: A lost love (M, 25)
Mrs. Cratchit: Alice’s Mother (F, 55+)
Tim: A small child (M, 5+)
Adult Ensemble (Age 18+): 2 men, 2 women (to play multiple roles)
Children's Choir & Ensemble (Ages 6-12): 8 children to perform Christmas carols between scenes & act as various characters
- Artistic Director: Jeff Cook
- Stage Manager: Val Gyorke
- Technical Coordinator: Tracey Lanman
- Production Coordinator: Karen Cook
For questions please contact Karen Cook (Production Coordinator) at [email protected]
121 Van Buren St. Woodstock IL 60098