11U WPPA Travel
11U WPPA Travel Tryout
WPPA Travel is for kids who play at an advanced skill level and would like to intensify their development through additional training. The schedule will consist of approximately 20 games against teams outside of WPPA and 5 - 6 tournaments.
Date & Time: Sunday, September 16, 2018 8:30 am – 10:30 am
Place: Winnemac Park - Corner Field
Address: 5100 N. Leavitt St. Chicago, IL 60625
Please Note: The tryout is closed to spectators and parents should plan on dropping their player off at 8:15 am and picking them up at 10:30 am. The only adults present will be the Welles Park 11U travel head coach and high school coach.
- How do I know if my child is 11U eligible? Players are 11U-eligible if their 12th birthday is after April 30th, 2018.
- What should the player wear? All players should wear long pants - preferably baseball pants, a shirt that covers the elbows, baseball cleats, a baseball glove, baseball hat, and protective cup. Players must also bring their own bat & helmet. Batting gloves are optional.
- How many games will be played throughout the year? Approximately 20 regular season games will be played throughout the spring/summer plus 5 tournaments.
- Will there be off season conditioning? Yes, there will be two days of conditioning with each session being 2 to 3 hours long. There will also be separate session for the catcher’s. Each session will be run by a high school coach. Off season conditioning will start in early January and run through early April. Location, day, & time to be determined.
- How many practices will there be each week during the season? There will be two practices per week starting in March 2019. One practice will be scheduled every Wednesday evening and the other to be determined. A full commitment to practices & games is expected.
- How much travel will be involved? The 11U team is scheduled to play in the Mid Suburban Baseball League (MSBL) which consists of playing games in the Chicagoland area. We could travel as far as 2 hours each way for regular season games and as far as 6 hours for tournaments. Most games are within about one hour. The following tournaments our 10U team played last year are listed below for a general idea. We will look at playing two outside of Illinois for our 11U team.
- Early April tournament – Milwaukee, WI
- End of April tournament – Crown Point, IN
- Memorial Day tournament – Elizabethtown, KY
- July 4 tournament – Milwaukee, WI
- End of July tournament – Chicago, IL
- What days will we play? Every Wednesday evening, Sunday morning, & possibly other days which will be coordinated with house teams. Games will start early April through end of July. There could be some games that start at 8pm due to the younger baseball teams getting the earlier slots but we try and schedule early games if possible.
- How much will it cost? The cost is approximately $1,300/player for the year. Excludes travel expenses. WPPA will accommodate families who require financial assistance.
- Are players required to play WPPA house league? Yes, they must be register with WPPA as soon as WPPA makes registration available which is usually January 1.
- Is advanced tryout registration necessary? Yes, please sign up for the tryout in advance using the below RSVP button. Also, list player's first & last name & in the Personal Message Box list player's birthday & parent's phone number.
- How many kids will make the team? We will have a 12-player roster.
- What is the cost to tryout? There will be a $20 cost to tryout that can be paid on the day of the tryout with cash or Chase Quickpay ahead of tryout. ([email protected]).
- When will we find out if they made the team? I will notify you about one week after the tryout takes place.
Please email Patrick Wigmore at [email protected] should you have any further questions specifically about tryouts or in general. We look forward to seeing you.
8:30am - 10:30am CDT
Winnemac Park - Corner Field
|| Patrick Wigmore