St. Timothy's Episcopal Church
Sunday Coffee Hour
Hosted by parishioners and ministry teams, coffee hour provides a wonderful opportunity to enjoy refreshments, meet new people and make sure everyone feels welcome at St. Timothy’s. Coffee hour begins at 9:15 am between the 8:30 and 10:00 am services.
If you are new to St. Timothy’s we hope you will come to coffee hour, have a snack and meet some folks.
If you would like to be a Coffee Hour host, please read the instructions below.
SETUP & COFFEE PREPARATION
- On Saturday afternoon, Jacque Chiavini will:
- Prepare the coffee
- Setup the tables
- Put out the plates, napkins, sugar, stirrers, etc.
- On Sunday morning, Jacque will:
- Plug in the coffee before the 8:30 a.m. service so it’s ready to go
- Plan to have everything ready by 9:15 am.
- You can use the package creamer or bring a quart of whole milk or half/half for the coffee/tea.
- Hosts can bring your own goodies or you can go into the pantry and get the snacks underneath the sign "Coffee Hour." The shelves will be stocked with packaged cookies and bars, etc.
- There are juices in the refrigerator. You may also make up a couple pitchers of ice water.
- Put out the electric tea pot for hot water. You can plug it in after the coffee is ready.
- Hosts are asked to clean up including: coffee pots, serving trays, wipe down the sink and counters, wipe down/fold table cloths and return the tables and chairs to the closet.
- If you plan on attending the 10:00 am service, cleanup can be done after the service.
- Coffee grounds should be put in trashcans and NOT down the garbage disposal.
- We greatly appreciate it if you could take the dirty dish towels and sponges home to wash and return. If that doesn’t work for you, place dirty dish towels and sponges into the laundry bag located next to the refrigerator (extra bags are stored in the laundry basket in the pantry).
- Remember, there is no “right” or “wrong” way to host coffee hour! This should not be too labor intensive or financially expensive.
Contact: Joann Oliver, [email protected], 925-362-4805
See attachment below for Print Version