Thank you for registering with us to volunteer for our HallowMarine Event!! Please read the information below. If you have any questions, please email the volunteer coordinator at [email protected]
All volunteers must be able to pass a criminal background check.
2018 HallowMarine Volunteer Orientation
• Arrival time 5:30pm-5:45pm
• Parking will be available in the staff parking lot north of the Aquarium; volunteer entrance is located to the right of the main ticketing lobby. Look for the sign on the side door. (VOLUNTEER CHECK IN)
• Check-in area will be located in the Main Lobby at a table to your right as you come in. You will be given an ID badge at that time as well.
• Doors will open to the public at 6:00pm
• Remain at your assigned post unless relieved.
• Breaks should be no longer than 15 minutes before returning to your station.
• Should you ever find yourself in a difficult situation with an upset guest, please call on the aid of the nearest staff member or politely excuse yourself and inform the guest that you will find someone to assist them. Proceed to the information desk and inform them that a member of Guest Services is needed. Staff will have on STAFF HallowMarine shirts and they will be wearing badges that say “staff” on them.
• Dress casually or you may wear a costume (with ID tag worn at all times) Remember, this is a family event and attire should be appropriate.
• For volunteers working games…children may attempt to play games multiple times. If they have been through a line 3 times you may nicely ask if they could try another game or ask them if they have they already been through the Trick or Treat Trail so that others have a chance to play. After playing a game, children should receive either 2 pieces of candy or a prize. You may let the kids pick out their own prizes but please don’t let them linger too long so that we can keep the line moving.
• Remember our guests are a priority and your smiling face and positive attitude are key to insuring they have an enjoyable experience.
• There may or may not be someone readily available to sign your service hour forms that evening. Please get in touch with the volunteer coordinator at [email protected], and she will sign your form either digitally or you may bring it back in during the day. Please make sure to turn in your hours in a timely manner.
• HallowMarine ends at 9pm each evening. At that time, we need your help cleaning your area. Store game items (i.e. bean bags together by the game, place prize bins out of sight, etc). Police your area for trash.
• Please take a few minutes to go through the exhibit areas and pick up larger items and place them in trash cans. Do not concern yourself with the vendor booths as they are responsible for their own areas.
BATHROOMS AND DRINKING FOUNTAINS
• Several sets of restrooms and drinking fountains are available to visitors at the Oklahoma Aquarium. The main facilities are located in the Deli area and another location on the south end between the Shark Exhibit and Coral Reef.
FIRST AID OR EMERGENCY PROCEDURE
• Remain calm and locate the closest staff member. If you do not see anyone, immediately proceed to the information desk for assistance.
LOST PARENTS/LOST CHILDREN
• "Lost Parent" (you have the child): Talk to the child; get the child’s name, along with the parents’ names and location where he/she last saw the parents. Parents generally do not venture too far before they realize the child has wandered out of sight. Wait a reasonable amount of time and then escort the child to the Information Desk in the Main Hall. We have radios and will call for assistance.
• "Lost Child" (you have the parent): Talk to the parent; get the child’s name, description, any other info that will help identify the child quickly, and location where parents last saw the child. Immediately find a staff member to put the call out on the radio that we have a "lost child" so that all staff and available volunteers can work to reunite the parent and child as soon as possible.