The Lofte's first live stage production of the 2021 season is Crimes of the Heart by Beth Henley!
The Lofte implemented new ways of organizing the theater seating to comply with health, safety, and social distancing protocols. Please arrive on time for an overview provided by the Box Office. Thank you for all you do: sharing your time, smile, and love of the Lofte. As usual, we need your help to make this a great evening for all.
The three Magrath sisters have gathered to await news of their grandfather, who is living out his last hours in the hospital. Lenny, the oldest sister, is unmarried at thirty; Meg, the middle sister, is back home after a failed singing career; while Babe, the youngest, is out on bail after having shot her husband. Their troubles are grave, and yet, somehow, hilarious. See how the sisters escape the past to seize the future. Winner of the Pulitzer Prize!
The Lofte prioritizes the safety of its volunteers and patrons. Because these unprecidented times, the Lofte's restrooms and confessions will be structured with social distancing in mind. We ask volunteers to try to be diligent about keeping social distancing in place. We are also asking all volunteers to wear masks during the entire event, but if you do not have one, please contact Ross Mumford at [email protected] for assistance. Hand sanitizer will be available for volunteer use.
(Ending times shown are approximate and depend on the running time of the show and amount of cleanup work required. All volunteers are asked to stay until cleanup is finished.)
As a "Thank You!" for the work you do to make the show enjoyable for our visitors, all volunteers are admitted free to watch the show from any empty seat once their pre-show duties are done. Each volunteer is also entitled to one free popcorn and drink to enjoy during the show.
Guidelines and information for Barn Owls aka volunteers:
If at any time you have questions, please see the box office.
*Arrive 45 minutes before the show, and check in at the box office.
*Wear a mask.
*Please dress in nice, (no offensive t-shirts) casual attire and wear a provided tag.
* Hold the door for the patrons and welcome each one starting 45 minutes before the show.
* At the end of the show, hold door open and thank each patron.
* Scan tickets properly.
* Close the doors at the start of the performance.
* Wait in a seat at the end of the entry for late comers.
* Make sure people get in the right lines for temperatures checks, bathrooms, and concessions.
* Monitor the restrooms to make sure they don't get overcrowded.
* Assist the patrons find available seats.
* Make sure patrons maintain social distance.
* Dismiss the crowd and the end of the evening starting with the stadium and working forward.
* First Aid Kit is located behind the black curtain by box office.
* Stay at post until at least 5 minutes after curtains open (for late comers).
* Close shutters 5 minutes before show time.
*Canes for flagging are located in the umbrella holder outside office.
*Please place orange cones to provide lanes for parking spaces.
*Make sure all cars are facing the same direction for ease of exit.
After Show Cleaning Duties:
*Everyone is asked to stay and help clean and sanitize when the show is done.
*The more people staying to help, the faster it gets done and the faster everyone can leave.
*List of bathroom duties are located in each bathroom supply area.
*If supplies are running low please inform the box office.
*Sweep under the seats to get all debris toward the center isle.
*Use dustpans to pick up all debris swept from the floor instead of having the vacuum pick it up, this will help preserve the life of the vacuums.
*Take out all trash and place new bags in the trash bins.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are signing for volunteers other than yourself, please include their name(s) in the comments box, so we know who is coming.
|| Connor Willingham