Thank YOU for your interest in volunteering with Rice County Habitat for Humanity.
If you're signing up a GROUP:
Click the date you want your group to come, enter your name and put the name of your group (church name, business name, etc) in the COMMENT section. Then select the quantity of people in your group.
What will you be DOING on the day you volunteer?
FLEXIBILITY is much appreciated! We do our best to let you know ahead of time what tasks you'll be doing on the build site.
Here are 2 things for you to do before you get to the build site:
1. Watch this short SAFETY VIDEO
2. Complete this Release and Waiver of Liability Form
When you arrive on our build site, you'll be greeted by the Site Host who will have you do the following things:
- Sign in as a volunteer to log your hours.
- Sign a waiver if you didn't do it online.
- Direct you to your crew leader.
Parking at Build Sites
- We kindly ask that you do not park in front of mailboxes. Look for Habitat parking signs for the best place to park. Thanks for helping us be good neighbors!
In case of bad weather
- We will notify you as soon as possible if we decide to cancel the work day because of bad weather. It is always a good idea to keep an eye on the weather the few days before your volunteer day.
What should you wear/bring with you on your volunteer day
- Please wear long pants and close toed shoes for you protection.
- Shirts should be comfortable but not too loose fitting.
- You should bring layers for your comfort.
- If you have your own work gloves, feel free to bring them. We will have gloves for you at the site.
- We will provide tools for you to use, but if you have your own, feel free to bring them. Make sure they are marked. We are not responsible for lost or stolen tools.
- Contacts are not encourage in case you get dust in your eyes. If you wear contacts, please make sure you are wearing safety glasses all day.
- PPE will be provided but you may also bring your own.
- Rice County Habitat for Humanity provides water, sports drinks and coffee.
- Snacks and lunch is provided for the day. If you have food alergies or special diet restrictions, please provide your own lunch.
If you need to cancel please contact Jodi right away at [email protected] or 507-403-7868.