Greetings! Thank you for your interest in hosting a country table at "Around the World" night at Silverbrook Elementary. We want to provide you with a few details as well as the timeline of the event to aid in your planning.
Please arrive no later than 5:00pm Friday, January 17th to set up your table. If you are not able to attend the entire event, please designate someone to be responsible for your country's items and help break down your table at the end of the night. A few suggestions on items for your table:
- Country display - options include a tri-fold type board to display country information (Suggestions for your poster board: flag, maps, interesting facts, pictures, language, culture, food, currency, history, etc.). You may choose to bring a table covering/cloth and artifacts too!
- If you choose to serve food samples, you must display ingredients
- Native Apparel - Please feel free to come dressed in your country's native apparel or have it on display
- Extension cord (if you need to be located near an outlet, please let us know by 1/13 - the outlets are not close to each other, but we will do the best we can.)
- A writing pen or stickers (100-200) to "stamp" student "passports" as they visit your country
- Small souvenir/trinkets or items that symbolize your country that students may take with them (optional)
- Approximately 100-200 food samples (optional)
** This event was well attended last year- however, we aren't sure how many people to expect. We are estimating somewhere around 100-200 children walking through the event. However, it could be more or less.
Event details can be found below.
Location: Silverbrook Hallway/Cafeteria
Date: Friday, January, 2020
5:00pm - 6:00pm - Host Set Up
6:00 pm -7:00 pm - Guests Check-in and Begin their "Travel" Around the World
6:00pm - 8:00pm - Several cultural opportunities will available throughout the event.
8:00 pm - End of Event
*Schedule adjustments are still being finalized.
Countries listed are those that were represented at last year's event. Please add additional countries in at the end of the list if you don't see the one you would like to host.
Thank you so much for your willingness to support our first trip "Around the World." We look forward to the event! If you have any questions, please feel to contact [email protected].
5:00pm - 8:00pm EST
|| Silverbrook Elementary PTO