Groundhog Shadow Day 2020
We have a wide range of job shadow opportunities for you to investigate during Groundhog Shadow Day 2020! This is your chance to get out of the classroom and inside the workplace to see what really happens behind the scenes.
Groundhog Shadow Day is Friday, March 13, 2020, 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
Students are responsible for their own transportation.
How does this process work?
- Look at the job shadow opportunities available for the event
- Reserve your spot on Monday, February 3, 2020 through February 21, 2020.
- In early March 2020, all logistics will be provided via email.
During this job shadow experience you may:
- Get an overview of the company’s industry, the day-to-day operations of specific departments, positions available, and requirements for successful employment (i.e. level of education, experience, skills, etc.)
- Interact with a variety of professionals with different levels of responsibility, education, and experience
- Engage in a hands-on activity or demonstration that reflects the skills required in that sector, when possible
- Preview current or recent projects so you understand some of the potential work demands required
Please note: While we have a terrific selection of job shadows, we know that there is not a direct match for all students. Please EXPLORE! Read through the commercials and pick one that peaks your interest. Go... and check out the work environment, talk to adults about their career path and work life. We guarantee you will take away valuable insights and learn about your own interests during GSD2020.
ALL JOB SHADOW SELECTIONS MUST BE MADE BY FEBRUARY 21, 2020.
|| Career Exploration